6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2010 1:39 AM by mattio86 RSS

No network connection

mattio86

HI...after the first installation and the firmware update the slingbox SOLO can't connect to network....why?

• Re: No network connection
          eferz Expert

Could be a problem with the network configuration of the Slingbox after the rest.  I recommend performing a factory reset on the Slingbox as described in this article (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-1000038.html).  This will clear the network configuration and allow the SLingbox to get a new IP address from the DHCP service from your router.

mattio86

I've got factory reset (push for 5 second reset button) but the slingbox can't connect at network after reset...

where is the problem??

eferz Expert

Check your router logs if the Slingbox has been asking for DHCP address.  I know there are some firmware which the SLingbox has trouble obtaining a DHCP address.  Usually its from a third-party linux replacement kernel like DD-WRT, OpenWRT, FreeWRT, or Tomato.  You might want to check to see if there's a firmware update that may resolve any DHCP issues.

mattio86

I'll try to check my router logs, but my router firmware is the original one (linksys).

After the 1st installation everything was ok ("Myslingbox" was in the router's DHCP client table ). The problem occurred after the slingbox firmware update.

I tried with my girlfriend's router and the problem is the same. I also tried to connect the slingbox to my Mac (with DHCP server on) and nothing happens

Maybe the SB new firwmare bricked something in the network card ?

Is there a way to restore the original slingbox firmware (i think that the reset button performs a factory reset, but on the last firmware version) or to reinstall the firmware without network ?

Thanks