7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2010 7:29 AM by ad109 RSS

Second Laptop same slingbox ?

ad109

I cant seem to sign in with a differant laptop to watch. I am in my account but when I select watch it starts downloading and never stops. Should I be able to do this ?

• Re: Second Laptop same slingbox ?
          tiborg Newbie

You can have as many clients as you want, but only one can be watching the stream at any time.

ad109

Well kind of answered. At least now I know it is possible. But I keep getting a message on this computer that my Slingbox has been disconnected please contact my Slingbox provider. I am sitting here looking at my box and it is not disconnected and I just logged of and on a couple of times with a different laptop. ?

ad109

SO I figured maybe it was something I did not know about my int connection so I downloaded version 2.0 of the Slingplayer and this is the error I get when I try to view 

• Error: 0x8007274c
                  • Context: 1
                  • Operation:110
                      eferz Expert
                      The connection attempt failed. Make sure the Slingbox you are trying to  watch is on, set up for remote viewing, and not blocked by firewall/NAT  settings. ERROR: 0x8007274C

The problem could be with the software firewall on your computer, your Slingbox firewall rules, or the Sling Media servers.

ad109

OK eferz. Thanks. It will take me a few days to test everything But I will get back with you and let you know how it works

ad109

Ok Well at least one of the problems is the "ubee" router. It was supplied by the cable company and they are no help whatsoever. I know the default in the ubee is upnp is off. I cant even figur out how to gey into the router and change this. Anyway I think my next try will be to buy a new router. I know there is a reccomended list but does anybody have a prferance . I would like to go to a router than can do "n" as well as the others. Or does anybody know how to get into this ubee router.

ad109

OK Working Now

Here is what I had to do to make the Slingbox work remotely with several different computers. ( One at a time).

1. Get into the router and enable upnp.
                                  2. Turn off some of the firewall in the router.( Need to test this may not be necessary.)
                                  3. Enable port 5001.
                                  4..Enable" port forwarding."

Is  it just me or would it be advantages for Slingbox to clearly spell out you may need to do these things. How about on the first page in  bold letters.