5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2010 6:23 AM by tiborg RSS

what do I need

clasha

I have a dual tuner satellite recevier so one tuner is for HD and the other is for standard.  Currently I am porting the 2nd tuner out to another TV.

I would like to be able to send the second receiver via coax and a sling device to another TV.  I know you can watch on a laptop or whatever but would prefer to have an option to go directly to the TV.  I have seen some mentions of Slingbox HD Pro and a Sling Catcher however I don't see the Sling Catcher in the current product lineup ??  My satellite receiver does not come with sling embedded.

Looking for suggestions...?  If Sling products can't do it does anyone know of another way?

Thanks

• Re: what do I need
          tiborg Newbie

The Slingbox Pro HD has both an in and out coax, so it can be inline between your tuner and the TV. However, you will not be able to watch different channels on the Slingbox and that TV with this set up. If you could use the Slingbox's internal turner, you would be able to watch different channels.

clasha

If I wanted to put the output to another TV via coax instead of using a PC, any idea what other device would I need to have a catch the slingbox signal to convert it back to coax ?

tiborg Newbie

This is my interpretation of what you want to do:

Satellite Tuner (SD signal coax out) -> coax -> (coax in) Slingbox HD Pro (coax out) -> coax -> (coax in) TV

For this you don't need anything other than the appropriate length coax cables.

Are you saying that connecting the Slingbox HD Pro coax out directly to the TV would be physically difficult, so you want to something like this?:

Satellite Tuner (SD signal coax out) -> coax -> (coax in) Slingbox HD Pro (coax out) -> coax -> (coax in) converter box (some output) -> some wired/wireless data link -> (some input) converter box (coax out) -> (coax in) TV

clasha

Yes, my second TV is hard to get to so believe I say someone say at one time you could use a Sling Catcher to catch the signal of the slingbox pro over network and covert it back to a coax in a different room.  I don't see this product anymore so wondering what else I would need.

So Scenario #2....

TV1 -> coax in to Slingbox Pro HD -> powerline ethernet adapters from A to B ->  some converter device from ethernet back to coax -> TV2

tiborg Newbie

The Slingcatcher used ethernet input and component or s-video output, so if it was still being sold, it would be close to what you want. Another option would be to buy/build a cheap PC with a video out compatible with your TV; that's essentially what a Slingcatcher was.