3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2010 10:13 PM by eferz RSS

older router and network question

dbanker

First of all, slinglinks don't seem to work.  Plugged them into the same outlet and all lights came on both units...red lights.  I see green lights in some pictures, does it make a difference?  However, when trying to connect across the slinglinks, the network light on the Slingbox just flashes.  My house is only 9 years old and I'm pretty sure I don't have multiple phases in the house.  I'm also trying to hook up near a DLP TV...is it possible the slinglinks are being interferred with by the TV?

Hooked up Slingbox directly to my older 54Mbps Netgear wireless router.  Got a good connection and proceeded to install the software update.  Also wondering if I'll need to upgrade my router.  I'm trying to setup a Slingbox PRO-HD.

Thanks!  Doug

• Re: older router and network question
          eferz Expert

dbanker wrote:

I'm also trying to hook up near a DLP TV...is it possible the slinglinks are being interferred with by the TV?

Yes, not only is it possible but its probable.  The multi-phase problem might also affect you as well.

Hooked up Slingbox directly to my older 54Mbps Netgear wireless router.  Got a good connection and proceeded to install the software update.  Also wondering if I'll need to upgrade my router.  I'm trying to setup a Slingbox PRO-HD.

Its one of those situations where if it works, it works.

• Re: older router and network question
              dbanker

Thanks for the reply.  Once I got over the networking issue with the slinglinks not working close to a DLP TV, the rest of the setup worked fine.  My older router no longer appears to be an issue...my son in Okinawa is seeing fine.

One other question, what kind of kbps should we see for viewing HD?

Thanks again!  Doug