10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2010 5:00 PM by sblanton RSS

Error code 0x92340108: can't connect using Slingplayer 2.0 PC

lazespud

Hello to whomever can help.

On my main laptop I cannot access my slingbox (at an offsite location) through slingplayer 2.04. I get this message:

• Error: 0x92340108
      • Context: 20
      • Operation:110

From my same computer, I CAN, however, access my slingbox  through the generally subpar slingbox.com service, and I can access it  through my iphone. I can also access it through my other laptop using  both the slingplayer 2.0 software and the slingbox service.

I have unistalled and reinstalled the slingplayer software, disabled and re-enabled the firewall as well. Nothing works.

Both of my laptops are running windows 7, and the laptop with the problem on it us using the microsoft security essentials antivrus stuff. On the non-working laptop, I am using wifi, and the working laptop uses a hardline... perhaps that's related?

After then nightmare of the how the sling accounts problem wouldn't allow me to see my slingbox for the better part of a month, followed by the necessity of making a completely unanticipated trip to simply reboot my slingbox (is there SOMEWAY that function could be handled remotely? did I really need to drive two hours to push a small little button?)... after these problems, now I find that I AGAIN can't access my slingbox. Please someone, offer me some suggestions.

That I can think of, I have done absolutely nothing new to my setup since the last time I used the software and it worked (a few days ago).

Thank you...

• Re: Error code 0x92340108
          eferz Expert

The Slingbox can't be located.

[Advanced users: the error code is 0x92340108.]

I think you're still having a problem with the Slingbox Locator Service.  Try creating a Slingbox Directory entry with your Slingbox private IP address and see if you can connect that way.

lazespud

Hi Eferz --

I just gave this a shot; as best as I could understand; but it didn't work. I used the slingmedia get device info page, and used the id for my slingbox and then copied the listed "DeviceAddress". I plopped those in a new listing yet I still couldn't log on.

I just don't understand why I can log on from slingplayer on my one laptop, but not the one right next to it. If it was prop with the locater service, wouldn't it not work on Both machines?

Thanks for the help...

eferz Expert

That "DeviceAddress" will list the public IP address of the SLingbox, not the private IP address.  Use the computer that does work, go to the SLingbox Directory entry and look up the Information tab in the LAN subsectin you'll see IP address and Port Number.  Use those to create a Slingbox Directory entry since you're local to your SLingbox.

lazespud

Hi Erferz--

Well in the short time since my last e-mail, my working slingplayer laptop is now not working either. Yay slingbox!

So is there a way to get this info without accessing the other player? The slingbox is at my dad's house and he is fairly tech savvy; is it info he can get from the local setup of the slingbox?

Thanks!

eferz Expert

OH!  I'm sorry, I thought the Slingbox was local.  I didn't realize it was remote.

Have your dad login to one of his computers and go to (http://www.canyouseeme.org/)

It will show him "Your IP:" and that's the address that you would use.

Also, on that same page you can make sure that your Slingbox is working by having him type "5001"* and click the [Check] button and at the bottom of the page.  That will report whether or not the port is open and connecting to your Slingbox.

*whatever your Slingbox port number.

lazespud

Hi Eferz --

It turns out that is was the same ip address that I originally tried; it just didn't work. On the canyouseeme site it also showed that port 5001 was open as well...

So to summarize where I'm at:

I can watch via slingbox.com using wifi and hardwire at my home on both windows 7 laptots, I can watch via iphone, but I cannot watch via slingplayer from either of my laptops.

I set up a saved slingbox in the slingbox directory that directly used the ip and the slingbox ID, but I got the same exact error message...

If I am understanding this correctly; this should mean that I was avoiding the whole sling accounts thing... so this SHOULD have worked... right? So is it some weird issue with my router that might have just cropped up? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

lazespud

Just a head's up: I was checking my setup again and realized that on the laptop where slingbox was working tonight, and then mysteriously wasn't; it turns out I had accidentally unlugged the ethernet cable! So it turns out it IS working after all on that unit.

Still not working on my original laptop.

Just for giggles I restored the computer to a point about two weeks ago when slingbox was definately working; but it still gives me that error. Is there possible something goofy in my router that is saying "hey, don't let anything related to slingbox coming from this particular computer on this network get through..." ?

lazespud

It's now the next morning; still not working. I went to my router's homepage and checked things to see if there was any weird setting that was blocking this computer; didn't seem to be. Oddly enough "port 5005" was set up for the slingbox for port forwarding; I think that was because this router was originally at my dad's house (where the slingbox is) and we had to change the port once because 5001 wasn't working (it works now though).

So is there anyone out there with suggestions? I mean if if's something wrong with my laptop setup I guess I could reinstall windows 7 fresh on the machine, that that is pretty drastic and I'm annoyed enought at all of the **** problems from slingbox already. Maybe there's another product out there I can get that's not inhernently problematic like slingbox seems to be?

eferz Expert

Sorry about not getting back to any sooner.  Unfortunately, the problem seems to be specific to that one laptop.  So, there's probably nothing that you can do externally to fix it.  I suspect there's something within it that's causing the Slingplayer client not being able to communicate with the Slingbox.  You might consider looking into the software firewall on the laptop, or any other security software you may have running which may distrupt communication.

• Re: Error code 0x92340108: can't connect using Slingplayer 2.0 PC
                            sblanton

I'm having the same problem and it started around the same time. No real idea what's going on, could  it be a software update issue?

I'm on a Dell w/Vista.

It was working find until late July early Aug. My folks went out of town so I thought it just got unplugged but not the case. We've reset everything, unistalled reinstalled but to no avail.

I asked my Dad to check get the IP address and I'll post if it works.

A solution would be great.