4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2010 1:24 PM by Fofo RSS

Support page shows wrong hardware

thomasdevlin3

Every time I go to the support page it shows that I have a Slingbox Solo when in fact I have a Pro-HD. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

• Re: Support page shows wrong hardware
          Apprentice

Hello Thomasdevlin3,

It seems to be a very odd issue. You can copy the Slingbox ID going to Sling Accounts and then removed the Slingbox from the account. Then try to re-add it and that should fix this issue.

Let us know how it works.

Good luck!

thomasdevlin3

I am currently not at home, and thus do not have physical access to my slingbox. Can I remove and re-add my slingbox to my account remotely? I'm asking this because my system has been working perfectly, and I don't want to accidentally turn it off or make it inoperable.

thomasdevlin3

It's been two weeks since I left my last post on this question. I'm still having the same problem and I want to make sure that any possible solutions will not accidentally compromise my ability to watch TV through the sling box. Just let me know if I can do as you suggested without having physical access to the box.

Apprentice

Thomasdevlin3,

If you have the Slingbox ID, in that case you will be able to remove the Slingbox from the Sling Account, and finally add a new Slingbox and paste the Slingbox ID again. You also can confirm if you have the SOLO or the Slingbox PRO-HD with the model number in the bottom of the Slingbox

Model Number
                    Product Code
                    Product Name
                    SB100Slingbox "Classic"
                    SB200Slingbox PRO
                    SB220Slingbox TUNER
                    SB240Slingbox AV
                    SB260Slingbox SOLO
                    SC100SlingCatcher
                    SL100SlingLink 1.0
                    SL150SlingLink TURBO 1-port
                    SL200SlingLink TURBO 4-port