8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2010 5:51 AM by gater RSS

Slingbox Pro with Comcast Digital Box

gater

Comcast in my area is switching over to digital content on September 29th and to receive signal, I now need to have boxes like http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/brierdudley/adapter_in_kit.jpg hooked up to all my tvs.  I have tried every which way to hook my Slingbox up and can't get it to play with the box.  Any suggestions?  Can the Slingbox pro not process digital signals?

I think it needs to be hooked up:

Cable from wall -> Digital Box -> To Slingbox -> To TV

• Re: Slingbox Pro with Comcast Digital Box
          eferz Expert

gater wrote:

Cable from wall -> Digital Box -> To Slingbox -> To TV

Yep, that's how you connect it.  You'd then walk through the Setup Assistant to reconfigure your "ANT IN" and "External box (cable box, satellite reciever, DVR, etc.)".  Then make sure to set the appropriate channel for "The box outputs to channel: ____".  If you do not know the appropriate channel then scan the channels with either the "Cable service (without a cable box)" or "Antenna" then reconfigure it with the "External Box".

gater

It worked!!! Thanks so much.  Now i just need to find my IR blasters!

eferz Expert

You're welcome.  I'm glad to help.

deltablues

Hello,

I have Suddenlink cable with Slingbox Pro (nonHD) and think I am in a similar situation. 

Cable from Wall - > Digital Box -> Slingbox Pro -> don't have it hooked to a tv

The way I understand this digital box is, it reverts the signal back to analog from the new all digital.

I can now only receive one channel.  I have to put my Slingbox viewer ( on laptop or iphone)  to Channel 3, and I can only watch whatever channel I have Suddenlink digital box set to.

So, when I leave the house, I have put on the channel I want to watch that day. 

Is that similar to what the original post was about?

If so, I am not sure where I find these controls listed in the reply  "Ant IN"  and  is the "External Box" this little digital converter thing....

Thank you very much.

gater

Yup, I think it's the same issue.  What I did:

1. go to www.slingbox.com

2. click the "watch" link at the top of the page

3. log into your account if you already haven't

4. click the "slingbox setup" that is now right under the watch link

5. Select your slingbox (if it can't find it click the "view slingbox directory"")

5. click "configure inputs"

- Ant In

- External Box

- Choose the box model from the lists (mine wasn't there so I chose a similar model)

Thats what I did to get mine to work!!  Hope this helps.

deltablues

OK, I think I am getting a better understanding on this.  I am not positive of the manufacturer of my digital box.  After some research I think it is

a  Huawei DC730.  This is not listed, so I tried.... other....., but don't know what code to use.  It did not work on the ones I tried..  I assume I need to be using the ir cables?  I don't know if they are working.  I plugged them in but they do not look like they are on. Any way to tell if they are working?

Is there anyway to submit the Huawei DC730 box to Slingbox to add it to the list?

At least I have one channel!

Thank you!!!