7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2016 10:37 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Need a remote for Media Cube?

terryinbc

Can anyone help?

there is a google account in the media cube i believe powered by Kodi. I have tried the two Google remotes in the Sling box with no luck. I downloaded a remote (google tv) from iTune on my iPhone and it worked. Has anyone got this remote or the media cube or Squirrel that they use? It is made by Ott TV Box, model

the remote on the right is the media cube remote the one on the left is the squirrel it has a keyboard on the other side. How do i get one made and installed on my sling box?

thumb_IMG_2249.jpg MCV2.2 

• Re: Need a remote for Media Cube?
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

terryinbc

Originally while working with a tech last night I had two problems when we had to quit. I solved one issue today buy using a converter from HDMI to component I was able to use both allowing me to get through the set up along with having to pick one of the two remotes that they have for Google in the manufacture part of the set up just to get through the set up. The volume and mute works on the one I installed but nothing else. The other one didn't work at all. It allowed me to complete the set up. The Media Cube is playing perfectly through the Sling Box but i need to be able to control it not just the volume. I did find a remote app on Apple iTunes that worked with total control of my media cube from my iPhone 6+. Is there a way I can get this remote app from Apple ITunes (Google TV) remote on my sling box? Or get this google remote on sling box to work more than just the volume and mute? Any ideas or other remotes that I should try from another manufacture? I am not sure what company's are sharing with google. I'm feeling overwhelmed I'm new to all of this and I'm not that computer literate. I'm trying my best....any help would be greatly appreciated.  

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I am a bit disappointed you have apparently not read the post I linked to.   If you had you would know the fact that the volume control was working is irrelevant and you would have tried the Google Fibre Custom Remote I built, as that might work.

My problem is that I get the IR codes off the Logitech Harmony IR database and there is no sign of the Media Cube  (I have assumed it is manufactured by Google ?).   There are other possible options available but let me know first if the Google Fibre Custom Remote works.

terryinbc

I did read the post and we did try the fiber one but it wouldn't highlight to install. Is the reason why the tech and I could get it to work even when he had control of my computer. We tried both ways on the TV and computer. is there some other way that I don't know of to install it? I would love to try and see. I will try anything. I install this one because it was the only way I could finish the set up and it worked part of it. According to the info on the bottom of the cube it is made by Ott TV Box, model MCV 2.2 it uses a Google account in it. while trying a lot of different remotes including Kodi who has some part in it and Google I found one on Apple iTune for my iPhone that controlled it so I assume not knowing everything that a Goggle remote is what I need. Media cube and Sling box were no help in getting me up and working. I know have it working but without the proper remote can not control it on the player. I can control it with there remotes and from in the room with my iPhone but not through the player remotely. Bear in mind I new to all this and not that computer literate just enough to be dangerous, lol. Please allow me some slack I'm trying my best. I'm sorry if I seam not to be doing everything right. Your my only chance to get this to work right. No one else has done this or tried to get one of these to work according to your archive that I could find. We are the first one. I'm sure there will be more I have a couple of friends who have them to and one of them has my old Sling Box. I know he wants to hook his up to. He is waiting for me to trail blaze the way for him.If there is anything I can do or information I can give you or anyone to help Please let me know...I will do my best to help in anyway possible. I appreciate your help. No one else has tried beside the tech but we didn't get though the set up and I'm there now. I did find a remote to work just not on the Sling box but I thought it was a step in the right direction at least I know there is a Google remote that will control it on iTune (Google TV) app. If we could only get it on the choice of remotes I would be there I'm sure.

alanrichey42 Master

but it wouldn't highlight to install. is there some other way that I don't know of to install it? I would love to try and see.

OK, I don't actually understand what you mean by "wouldn't highlight to install", it's an expression I have before.   And the Readme file tells you to follow the instructions at  http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/    Is that what you are doing ?

it is made by Ott TV Box, model MCV 2.2

Doesn't help I'm afraid, that isn't a recognised manufacturer on the database.

found one on Apple iTune for my iPhone that controlled it

Not sure how that would work as the iPhone does not have an IR transmitter.  I assume it must send signals over the netwrok that the Cube understands.  In which case it doesn't help us at all I'm afraid.

If there is anything I can do or information I can give you or anyone to help Please let me know...I will do my best to help in anyway possible.

OK, here are your options:

1.  Find someone with a Harmony Remote or a Remote that has learning capability.

2.  Buy one yourself.  I recommend the Nevo C2, easily available on E-Bay for less than $20.

3.  Pay me to buy a spare remote

4.  Post a working remote to me in the UK.

Al

terryinbc

1. highlight means its active and usable or available. You have to have it active or highlighted to click on it to install it. It's like a dead link for what ever reason. When you move your curer over it it lights up if it's active.

2. It works over your wifi network in your home. The point is that it works and controls the cube fully so if we could find one like it or build it from this one. I can get a hold of Apple and ask questions about it. I can contact Media cube ask them about there two remotes. I only need to know what to ask for to help you. IR codes or what ever you need to find out. I do not know what you need to make it work. If you can supply me with the questions or information you need to know I will do my best to supply you with it!

3. not sure what this Nevo C2 remote will do to help. Its like the one I have and it only works inside the house. If you can retrieve information from it I understand were your going with it. how will it help if you get it to pair a remote to it don't you need the original one or the code? Can I get the code from the remotes I have?

4. I have pictures of it but this won't let me import them. I can email them if you want them I down sized them in PS and saved as med size and still too large to import.

alanrichey42 Master

1. highlight means its active and usable or available. You have to have it active or highlighted to click on it to install it. It's like a dead link for what ever reason. When you move your curer over it it lights up if it's active.

Odd, it works perfectly for me.   Here's a copy of the Link  Google Fiber GFHD200

2. It works over your wifi network in your home.

Yes, that is the point.  At no time does it use any IR codes, it is using a totally different method that the box supports.  So as I said before, this doesn't help us at all.

3. not sure what this Nevo C2 remote will do to help

.You will be able to learn the codes from your remote, and then upload them to the net and I can then download them to my C2 and bingo, I have a copy of your remote that I can use to analyse the codes.

4. I have pictures of it but this won't let me import them. I can email them if you want them I down sized them in PS and saved as med size and still too large to import.

No, the pictures won't help at all, they have nothing to do with the functionality.

Al