Okay, I'm a little confused. Since the Slingbox is hardware and is impossible to download. Are you referring to the Slingplayer client that you use to watch the Slingbox? If so, please let us know which Slingplayer client you are referring.
- Web Slingplayer for Internet Explorer for PC
- Web Slingplayer for Firefox for PC
- Web Slingplayer for Firefox for Mac
- Web Slingplayer for Safari for Mac
- Slingplayer Desktop for PC
- Slingplayer Desktop for Mac
- Slingplayer Mobile for iPhone
- Slingplayer Mobile for Andriod
- Slingplayer Mobile for Blackberry
- Slingplayer Mobile for Windows Phone
- Slingplayer Mobile for Palm
- Slingplayer Mobile for Symbian
Since you're unsure, how about you give one of these a try.
I've downloaded the version two (for PC) you attached as well as uninstalled active X after 1st reinstalling it. In each and every scenario, it still happens that I have the hand and ability to click on links (i.e., for hide remote/full screen/support/etc), but once I use the controller, I then get a cross that I'm unable to click on anything with after (except for the controller). I have to quit explorer to get the hand back, for which it works as normal on all other web sites, until I log back into Slinbox to watch and use the controller again (and then back to the cross).
Again, it is only on slingbox I have this problem, after using the controller.
That's really strange. While it sounds like you've downloaded Slingplayer Desktop 2.0, it doesn't sound like you're using it. Cause the "hand" icon is only used in the web slingplayer not the standalone desktop client.
Also, I don't ever remember saying to do anything with Active X. Where'd you get the idea to uninstall it?