2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2010 9:52 PM by eferz RSS

HD DVR MODEL# HR24-100

bgtyma

I HAVE THE NEW TOUCH SCREEN HD-DVR FROM DIRECTV AND THERE IS NO COMPATIBLE CONFIGURATION SO THAT I MAY RUN MY REMOTE, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET PASS THIS ISSUE

• Re: HD DVR MODEL# HR24-100
          eferz Expert

The HR24 uses the same codes as the HE23 & HR22.  Inn fact, most of DirecTV's receivers use the same IR codes across the line. If it doesn't work, then most likely the problem is with either remote address pairing or IR/RF remote usage.

DirecTV  receivers and remotes have an ability to set remote addresses.  This is  allows multipe receivers to exist in the same area, but only the remote  and receivers which share the same address will respond.  The Sling  Media provided remotes are typically using address #1 since that's the  default address for DirecTV.  I would recommend going into the  receiver's setup menu to make sure that it and the remote has an address  set to 1.

The  other issue is IR or RF compatibility.  Another issue is whether or not  the input is set to respond to either Radio Frequency (RF) or InfraRed  (IR) commands.  The Slingbox only has IR Blasters and cannot project RF  signals.  While you're looking in the setup menu options for your  DirecTV receiver, you should also make sure it is set to IR instead of  RF.