2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 25, 2010 3:19 PM by RafaelB RSS

blinking network light

chad04r1

tried resetting but still getting blinking network light. Connection is good tried on my lap top

• Re: blinking network light
          eferz Expert

You'll need to go through the normal gambit of  troubleshooting network issues.  Like try a different cable or a  different port on the router.  Also, try checking your router for a  firmware updates.  There have been issues with past firmware with the  Slingbox obtaining DHCP address which were typically resolved with a  router firmware update.  I know in particularly, that these problems  were carried on to the Linux router kernels like DD-WRT, FreeWRT,  OpenWRT and Totato.  In which case, usually reverting to the original  manufacturer firmware allowed the DHCP work long enough to assign a  static IP address on the Slingbox.

As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  Make sure the AC adapter connected to your Slingbox has the same output sepecifications. Otherwuse, if you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.

• Re: blinking network light
            Apprentice

Hi chad04r1, you can try the troubleshooting described here.

The Network light on my Slingbox is blinking. What does this mean?

Best regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator Team