1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 23, 2010 5:50 PM by eferz RSS

Slingbox Solo undetected; power/network lights flashing; reset not working

slingnolita

Hi,

I have a slingbox solo (non-HD) connected to an Apple Time Capsule that serves as a router. This setup was working fine until a few months ago, when it suddenly stopped. I just got around to trying to fix it again, and I've tried the solutions outline on this support page (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005589.html).

That is, I've tried:

- Restarting the time capsule and the slingbox

- Testing the ethernet cable to ensure that it works (it does)

- Resetting the slingbox / updating firmware (both didn't work; see below)

My current situation is:

- The power and network lights on the slingbox are flashing

- I'm unable to reset the slingbox (I hold the button down for 5 seconds, but nothing happens)

- I'm unable to update the firmware (I tried connecting the slingbox directly to my mac laptop, but it still couldn't detect it)

(In case this is helpful: I'd originally had issues when I switched from a basic D-Link router to the Time Capsule, but had figured out the port forwarding settings to get the slingbox back up and running. It worked fine after the switch for many months, so I don't think this is related, but I could be wrong)

If anyone has any advice, or knows of another support thread I should visit, please let me know.

Thank you for your help,

AD

• Re: Slingbox Solo undetected; power/network lights flashing; reset not working
          eferz Expert

As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  Make sure the AC adapter connected to your Slingbox has the same output sepecifications. Otherwuse, if you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any improvement.