You shouldn't have to worry about the exact model of the DirecTV box, since they reuse their codes across their entire line. If you're unable to find a model which is compatible then you're most likely having a problem with either RF setting or paired addressing.
DirecTV boxes have the option to use an RF remote. If your DirecTV is setup to accept RF commands then it won't be able to accept the IR command fro the Slingbox IR blaster. You'll need to reconfigure the DirecTV use an IR remote instead.
DirecTV boxes also have an address pairing feature. This allows multiple DirecTV boxes to exist in the same location while limiting the control based on the address pair of the reciever and remote. The default address remote pairing address is "1", and these is the default address which the Slingbox provides with their virtual remotes.
Here's a link (http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DTV_SDHDReceiver.pdf) to the manual for your DirecTV receiver.
- With your TV & DVR on, press the MENU button on your remote
- Select Parental, Fav's & Setup
- Select System Setup
- Select Remote Control
- Select Advanced Setups
- Press the DASH (-) key on your remote [under the 7 button and to the left of the 0 button]
- If the This Is: box doesn't read 'Receiver 1', press the arrow keys to highlight that box, press the SELECT button on your remote, navigate up or down using the arrow buttons on your remote until you have highlighted 'Receiver 1' and press the SELECT button on your remote
- Select Continue
- Make sure your remote can't send a signal to the TV or DVR (I put mine directly behind a pillow)
- Press the MUTE button (the one above the 1 button) and the SELECT button until the LED underneath the Directv slider icon on your remote flashes twice
- Type 00001 on your remote
- Press the SELECT button on your remote
- Point your remote back at the DVR and select Done
- Press the EXIT button on your remote
I hope this helps
Too True. But, I thought we went over this already in this post (https://community.sling.com/message/13097#13097).
Let me help you by providing you with a screenshot of chapter 7, page 115 of this manual (http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/System_Manuals/DIRECTV/DIRECTV_HR10-250.pdf)