6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2010 8:50 AM by ozmal2004 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

ozmal2004

I have been having the streaming problems then this AM when I logged in it was fine for a few minutes then froze.  Now I have an additional problem.  Both red lights are on, I log in, the reds flash then the internet connection light goes dim and I get the pop up to sign in.  When the sign in page comes up, the red lights go back on, and I go thru the same process.    Could this also be a capacitor problem or ?  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you.

• Re: Log in Solo cuts off
          eferz Expert

Its possible, but I also understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  Make sure the AC adapter connected to your Slingbox has the same output sepecifications. Otherwise, if you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.

cubsblue

I am having the same problem.  New power supply makes no difference.  It started a few weeks ago and has gotten progressively worse.  It was disconnecting after a few minutes of viewing.  Now it disconnects almost as soon as you try to connect.  Tried a hard reset and that did not help.  In fact it cannot stay online long enough for a new setup to take place.  It will only stay online  15 to 45 seconds.

montylull

mine too.  seems to be a huge problem to a lot of people.  I had router work done and that seems to be common to this problem.  Noticed my IP address was different now from the Solo's, so that may be what's happening.  Sling apparently has no way for us to correct it--the diagnostic page is "information only".

Very frustrating.

eferz Expert

You can create Slingbox Directory entries specifying the current private and public IP address and port number.  This will bypass the Slingbox Locator Services' resolution of the Slingbox's incorrect IP address.

ozmal2004

I called Support and since my Solo is out of warranty, I was charged $29.99.  They sent an email that included instructions on trouble shooting which I went thru including bringing the box over to a neighbors and setting it up on their router and network.  After all was said and done, none of the changes, etc. helped.  I reset up the Solo same as it was a couple of months ago to no avial and as of a couple of days ago, my Solo will not connect to the internet any more.   I called support again and they are replacing the box which I should have by the end of next week.  They already processed the $29.99 credit for the support charge but $99 is being charged to my card until I return my current box.  I did not want to go thru changing the capacitor issue.  Support has been very cooperative but, I do agree with the recall concept but can understand why they may not want to get into that.  So, I will get back after I receive the replacement box and thank you all for your input.

ozmal2004

I received the replacement Solo and have it set up and it is working great.  The replacement did not include any cords, etc, so that all stayed the same so clearly the problem was in the box itself.  Had been running for 6 hours yesterday when I logged out. The only difference in the set up is that I entered the port # as 443 (instead of 5001) as suggested by  tech support in their trouble shooting email to me. I do wonder, tho', that if the Solo is inherently flawed, what is to keep it from going bad again.