2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2010 9:28 PM by bschooli RSS

Connectivity Issue

cmginc2003

My slingbox Pro HD was working fine for remote viewing until just recently.  I went to activate and received the connectivity error message. Upon returning home I noticed on the box there was only one light on. The setup appears correct.  I use an Asoka 9650 ethernet adaptor to connect to my router which is in my main house approximately 100 feet away (the slingbox is located in my guest house).

Looking at the adaptor only two of the three green lights (top and middle) are lit.  I tested the adaptor in the main house with another laptop and all three lights activate giving me an internet connection. What are the possible reasons for the connectivity problem and what are the possible solution?  Is it common for an ethernet adaptor to cease working when the distance from the router is beyond a certain threshhold?

I attempted to reset the box but nothing happened with the exception of observing a faint light next to the bright red light indicating the power is on.  

• Re: Connectivity Issue
          bschooli

Did you happen to receive an answer on this?  Our Slingbox is doing the exact same thing...faint network light next to the power light.  We cannot connect to our Slingbox.

• Re: Connectivity Issue
              eferz Expert

As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  Make sure the AC adapter connected to your Slingbox has the same output sepecifications. Otherwuse, if you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.