2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2010 2:06 AM by Geoff60 RSS

Error code 0x80072743

Geoff60

Hi, Have been away on hols and on return have found I cannot connect to my slingbox. Only the power light is on, the network light is off. To the best of my knowledge no changes have been made to the connections. I am using a 'devolo' mains connector to take the internet cable from the slingbox (in my sons bedroom). This send the signal through the house electric mains. This is picked up again with another 'develo' connector (in my study) and from there it is cabled into my router. This has worked for years. When I try to connect I get the error message: 0x80072743, Context 1, Operation: 110.

I cant reset the slingbox because I cannot access it unless this is faulty too as I have tried. Has anyone any ideas please?

Best regards, Geoff

• Re: Error code 0x80072743
          eferz Expert

"A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable network. Error: 0x80072743"

This error usually means that the Slingplayer can't connect to your Slingbox.  I would recommend in trying to connect the Slingbox directly to your router to isolate whether the problem is with the Slingbox or the Powerline Network Adapters.  That way you can use a process of elimination to focus on the device which requires troubleshooting.

• Re: Error code 0x80072743
              Geoff60

Many thanks for the sensible answer. I will do that but since posting the query I think it may be the power supply which was very hot, been on for a few years and now doesn't work. Again many thanks for your prompt response. Geoff