10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2010 8:56 AM by jenniwiese RSS

Are the sling problems fixed???

joeg679 Newbie

I was having a problem with my slingbox not connecting a few weeks ago, but then I changed the ip address to the original and it worked.  Then, about a week later, sling started not working for anyone.  I know that there are a bunch of threads on this problem and some people say that their account is working, while others say that they can't connect.  I am not able to connect now and I changed my ip address to a few different ones and it is not working.  When I try to change the ip to the one my phone is using, it says that I can't because that ip is in use.  I want to know if I am having problems because of something on my end or is Sling still having trouble?  Thanks

• Re: Are the sling problems fixed???
          eferz Expert

Unfortunately, at the current state of affairs the answers are "maybe" and "could be either way".

karyuudo0127 Newbie

I would say NO... considering that if I'm able to watch my Slingbox, it's only for a short period before the whole thing freezes on Optimizing and never recovers.

joeg679 Newbie

So what happened all of a sudden?  Why is Sling having so many problems?

Apprentice

Hi, joeg679 and all.

Even though your earlier issues may have been related to the server outage last month, we can assure you that those issues have been fixed.

Therefore, we encourage you to test the connection to your Slingboxes and let us know how it works for all of you!

Regards,
                The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

mjwilmes

I am still having the same issue since last month. I am able to connect to the slingplayer, stream for approx 1 minute, once my upload maxes out at about 2 Mbps then it fails dropping all the way to 0 Mbps and then disconnecting.

This seems to happen when remote viewing, using the slingplayer on my Mac, on a friend's PC, BUT is working through the android app. it would be odd that the online and software versions would all have the same issue, but the apps be working fine

tbtdavao1

I experience the freezing after a few seconds and Optimizing does not recover again.... and gives error ox923400dc ...operation: 113.  I travel all over Asia  and still get the same  experience.......HELP!..  tbtdavao1   ....

manachinu

ranaleon

I have issue with conections from MAC, SlingCatcher and iphone Slingplayer.....only succes is with slingplayer on windows. I have confirmed and remote viewing is a success....appreciate your help.

Apprentice

Hi, manachinu.

In your particular case, since you are able to get a good connection when  running the application on Windows, it means that you will need to check the  router settings and make sure to enable both of the protocols (UDP and TCP).

This way, you will be able to get the connection on the Mac, SlingCatcher and  iPhone applications. Make sure to follow this recommendation and let us know how  it works.

Regards,
                            The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

jenniwiese

I have a SlingBox ProHD that I have had since August 12th. It was working fine for several weeks and now it is not. When I contacted support, I was told that the internet viewing settings must have been changed. I would need to call back when I am on the network where the Slingbox is located. Well, that will be difficult when I am a 19 hour plane trip away and an 11 hour time difference from the person who is with the box. I was willing to coordinate this so tech support could remote in a perform their voodoo. Before I called back, I tried to connect to the box the next day, without making any changes to anything, it worked perfect, so I know that internet viewing is still set up and the router settings are correct. Now it does not work again...I cannot connect to the Slingbox. Please don't tell me that IP settings or internet vewing has been changed, because it hasn't- the power hasn't gone out, the router hasn't been reset, etc...

What do I do now?