8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2010 6:04 AM by l84thesky RSS

HD TiVo with Slingbox Pro?

jgodby23

I have been at this for four hours now and I am going nuts... i read these articles that say TiVo Series 3 should be selectable as a video resource, but no matter if i am on the webplayer or the slingplayer software on my laptop, when i select Standalone DVR, there are no manufacture options and when i search for anything related to TiVo there is no match... therefore, i cannot get a TiVo remote to show up... anyone else have this issue?

At this point, this has been the worst investment i have ever made... 

• Re: HD TiVo with Slingbox Pro?
          eferz Expert

Forget the web slingplayer plug-in for now, try configuring it through Slingplayer Desktop

Get Silngplayer Desktop instead

jgodby23

i have done it on both web and slingplayer with the latest version - for any manufacturer, doesn't matter who, nothing comes up as an option for make/model

eferz Expert

Ah, okay.  I might have missed that part.  Take a look at this article (https://community.sling.com/thread/3300).

jgodby23

thanks but no thanks - that article is about remotes and setting up nonstandard remotes - my issue is that no matter what manufacture i select, whether it be Comcast, Motorola, Tivo or The Holy Bible for that matter, nothing comes up under make/model... that is my issue and i have watched my buddy do it from his account and it works just fine.  Could it be a bad video cable that is not being recognized?  not even sure that would matter, but i figured i would bring it up...

eferz Expert

jgodby23 wrote:

thanks but no thanks - that article is about remotes and setting up nonstandard remotes - my issue is that no matter what manufacture i select, whether it be Comcast, Motorola, Tivo or The Holy Bible for that matter, nothing comes up under make/model... that is my issue and i have watched my buddy do it from his account and it works just fine.

Actually, the article was meant to be an all out troubleshooting for remotes - no exclusions.  Here's the excerpt which I was referring.

If  you do not get a list of manufacturers showing up, or you get a message  along the lines of ‘This Slingbox was not designed for use in  ..<your country>’ and this happens regardless of country then your  box has probably failed and you need to contact Sling Support.

That's why I linked you to that article.

Could it be a bad video cable that is not being recognized?  not even sure that would matter, but i figured i would bring it up...

The steps in the Setup Assistant are to setup your virtual remote.  The Slingbox doesn't actually care about what's connected to it.  That's a standard audio and video source which is provided by any box.  That's why you need to use select the manufacturer and model of your set-top box to download the remote for for your set-top box.  The Setup Assistance pulls the list of manufacturers from a central website by providing information from the Slingbox.  It sounds like the data which the Slingbox is providing the Setup Assistant is invalid.  Which is why you don't have any choices.

l84thesky

Any success? I'm having the same issues.

John