5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2011 4:50 PM by LukeBBC251 RSS

Upgraded to DVR

stevenscheer

Hello.

I just moved my Slingbox Pro HD to a TV with a DVR. (Using Cablevision/Optimum).

I went into settings and changed it to the new Scientific Atlanta box that has the DVR. But the old remote still pops up.

How do I also change the remote control to show the new one so I can have DVR functionality. The old remote works just fine in changing channels and even recording shows but I would like to see the newer remote.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Steve

• Re: Upgraded to DVR
          eferz Expert

Well, there might not be a different remote "skin" for your device.  But to change the settings, you would go into the Setup Assistant and reconfigure the Video Source to specify the information about your new DVR.

alanrichey42 Master

stevenscheer wrote:

I went into settings and changed it to the new Scientific Atlanta box that has the DVR. But the old remote still pops up.

How do I also change the remote control to show the new one so I can have DVR functionality. The old remote works just fine in changing channels and even recording shows but I would like to see the newer remote.

If you are running the standalone Slingplayer go to the Connect > Remote Keys menu option and see if there are multiple remotes there.  If os one of them might be the new one.

tanarman

I just changed from Dish to Verizon.  I can control my box with a couple of the remotes shown however I cannot use the DVR as there is no record button on the remotes shown.  My set top box is Cisco CHS435HDC and my remote is VZ P265v2 RC.  I think slingbox support is lagging here.  I need a bianary for this remote please.

LukeBBC251

Hi Tanarman,

I am a Verizon customer as well and have a similar remote.  Instead of VZ P265v2 RC, I have the VZ P265v1 RC.

Sling support is definitely lagging here, as you mentioned.  What box/setting did you choose in order to get everything except DVR working?  If I can at least get to that point, I'd be somewhat satisfied.  I'm hoping Sling can get these boxes added soon since I'm assuming Verizon Fios is here to stay.  They are only giving out Cisco boxes going forward.

LukeBBC251

I just tried a "hard" reset and ran through the set-up, and the  custom remote that Al posted in another thread (link to remote below) works perfectly!  I tested out my  Android app and my iPad app and everything is back to normal in terms of  the remote working.

workaround for Cisco CHS 335HDC:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6586

I think the reason why the custom  remote may not have worked from the start is because I recently moved as  well as switched to Fios (from Comcast).  The hard reset may have been  needed to flush any of the old setup away (just a hunch).

Anyways, thanks a lot to Al for all the help!