3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2016 9:42 AM by Kcroyals4 RSS

Slingbox 500 update freezing

Kcroyals4

I have a used 500 that I reset and downloaded the latest update.   After the download and about a 7 minute countdown it tries to restart.   This is where it hangs.    I've tried several times and I've tried a soft reset with no luck.    Any chance someone has a fix for this?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is from the Olathe Public Schools. The message and any attachments may be confidential or privileged and are intended only for the individual or entity identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, you are not authorized to read, copy or distribute this message or any attachments. We ask that you please delete this message and any attachments and notify the sender by return email or by phone (913) 780-7000.

• Re: Slingbox 500 update freezing
          servicedl

Hello you may risete again the way to  risete is behind the slingbox Depending on  the model you should have a black button back hold hang about 2 minutes and after to redo the original set-up this should solved your problem

Denis Lapointe

2901 NW 48th Avenue # 354

Lauderdale Lake,33313

450-915-2326

954-368-2254

denis.lapointe@aol.com

lapointe-denis@videotron.ca

Kcroyals4

Thanks for the reply.   I tried holding the reset button longer but I'm having the same results.   I have read where some other people are having the same problem.  I'm wondering if there is a way to use USB to force the update.   Or a way to skip the update for initial startup?

Sent from my iPad

Kcroyals4

I got it working.   Was able to complete the update and restart by just connecting the  hdmi cable to my tv and not using an input during the reset.  After the restart I connected my cable box.   Hopefully this helps others with the same issue.  Maybe the manual says this,  my used device didn't come with one.

Sent from my iPad