5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2011 9:04 PM by ddmcc RSS

Weird Connection Issue

Barkerjc

Hey Everyone,

I hope one of you have had this weird issue before and can help me out. I'm trying to add a new slingbox to my account and I keep gettin an error that says,

"We can't add this Slingbox to your Sling Account right now. You can still use it normally. The next time you connect to this Slingbox, try adding it to your Sling Account again."

I've gone through the normal trouble shooting steps of rebooting my computer, slingbox and modem, but to no avail. Has anyone seen this issue before?

Thanks,

Jason

• Re: Weird Connection Issue
          alanrichey42 Master

Hundreds of us     It's just another symptom of the Sling servers being migrated.  80% of the postings on this forum in the last 10 days have been about this problem.  You will just have to be patient while they fix the mess they have got themselves into.

romanm

Hi,

Had the same error message when adding the sling through slingplayer. Also, when I tried to register it online, it would add it and then after i re-logged in, remove it from the list.

This issue happned when I connected my slingbox through a router connected as a switch to another router (back to back routers)

Onces I connected the sling to a hub and then router it worked fine.

Hope this helps,

RM

alanrichey42 Master

I still get his message about 10% of the time.   It appears that the new servers are just not as good as the older ones and sometimes struggle under pressure.  But if I wait a minute or so it then connects without a problem.

ddmcc

I still get his message about 10% of the time. It appears that the new  servers are

just not as good as the older ones and sometimes struggle  under pressure.  But if

I wait a minute or so it then connects without a  problem.

***************************************************************************

Well, I hope that's the case. I've had slingboxes for about 6 years. I've never seen that error message before today. I've tried connecting half a dozen times in the past half hour and still no success.