1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 10, 2010 1:22 PM by ranaleon RSS

Internet Setup Issue

Budweiser8

Need help from someone smarter than I.

Facts:

- I have AT&T DSL

- The Router that AT&T gave me is the 2Wire Model 2701 HG-B D/V

- I have two Slingbox Classics

- Slingbox Classic A is setup as a wired connection to my TIVO Unit and to my DirecTv Satellite feed. I have no issues with this one as I can see it from my laptop or my cell phone over the Home Network and over the Internet. Again no issues with this one.

- Slingbox Classic B is setup in my bedroom. I can access it with my laptop while I am at my home with no problems. This works because I am on my home network. Anyway, I can not access it with my cell phone or my laptop when I am away from my home network. I have the Slingbox connected to my TIVO and my DirecTv but.... and here is the but.... I have a Linksys Network Adaptor WGA11B.

So what have I done. I have gone into the 2Wire FIREWALL settings and found the slingbox classic b ... I then created a TCP and UDP of 5000 to 5000 to open up the ports (Allow individual application(s) – Choose the application(s) that will be enabled to pass through the firewall to this computer. Click ADD to add it to the Hosted Applications list.) I saved the settings on the sling box and then I create a replica for the Linksys where TCP and UDP ports 5000 to 5000 are open...

However, I still can't get the Bedroom Sling Box to view over the internet... It only works on my home wireless network..

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gary Shelton