9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2011 11:40 PM by solai_be RSS

Invalid Slingbox ID

Hey everyone,

I just recently got a slingbox solo. When I try to add it to my directory, I open up slingplayer, get the slingbox id, but when I try and register it, it tells me that the slingbox ID is invalid. What should I do?

• Re: Invalid Slingbox ID
          eferz Expert

If you're copying gtom Slingplayer and pasting the Sling ID into a Sling Account webform, you're not pasting the entire string.  The Sling Account webform only allows 32 characters no dashes.  If you're pasting a 36 character Sling ID with dashes then you're actually only pasting the first 28 characters.  So, I recommend that you copy it into something like notepad, remove the four dashes then recopy and paste it into the webform.

jluka

Hi, same error for me:

Invalid FinderID. Please  re-enter it.

I copied/pasted the correct ID, quadruple checked it (32 chars), allways same response.

Im almost desperate, please help!

eferz Expert

If you're copying gtom Slingplayer and pasting the Sling ID into a Sling  Account webform, you're not pasting the entire string.  The Sling  Account webform only allows 32 characters no dashes.  If you're pasting a  36 character Sling ID with dashes then you're actually only pasting the  first 28 characters.  So, I recommend that you copy it into something  like notepad, remove the four dashes then recopy and paste it into the  webform.

Also, if your Slingbox hasn't had the chance to register itself yet then it will remain "invalid".  Check this link (http://srs.slingmedia.com/getDeviceInfo.asp?id=12345678901234567890123456789012).  For your information replace the the "12345678901234567890123456789012" after the "=" with your Sling ID.

solai_be

When i try to verify the information about my sling box as mentioned above, I got the error as below.

"ERROR=ID not found"

Then how can i register my slingbox?

Please help me to get rid of this error.

Thanks in advance

nndosi

I am a new slingbox SOLO owner and have checked the website stated above - doesnt say invalid - comes up with the information on the screen.  I've paid for the slingplayer app on my android phone and have gone to slingaccounts.com to try my slingbox id.  Still can't get the app to recognize my slingbox AND cannot seem to add it to my slingaccounts.com account, even when I can sign into slingbox.com and see my slingbox on my computer.  HELP!