7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 9:50 AM by andycowles75 RSS

Video through the catcher keeps freezing

gallajo

I've been using the catcher in Korea for the past 2 years without problem. Recently moved to China and, although I can connect to my account/home slingbox (no changes have occurred at US home slingbox location), the audio and video are continually freezing with long stretches of no audio, or frozen video or both.  The option menu bar during viewing shows a cycling of 'streaming', 'controlling' and 'optimizing' with the speed fluctuating at around 200 kbps +/- 30 kbps.  The catcher software is up to date.  Any advice?  I have the Chinese internet provider coming to check out my service connection and will inquire if any faster internet speed is available.

• Re: Video through the catcher keeps freezing
          Novice

Hi gallajo,

What I can recommend you is to follow this article that might help you out

SlingCatcher freezes after streaming video from a Slingbox for a long

Thanks,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

joningall

I have the same problem and this is not the answer. Slingbox, listen to what people are saying. The video is freezing after 1 or 2 minutes, not after a very long time. What is going on? I can watch on my iPad, on my iPhone and on my computer but not on my TV with Slingcatcher because it justy freezes. Please sort it out.

DNChina

I have been having the same problem with my SlingCatcher here in China with my Slingbox Pro-HD in Nova Scotia, Canada.  Nothing was working for the last 3 weeks but I just tried the quick press to the reset button and it actually seems to work.  It has been fine for 15 minutes so far but prior to this, it would freeze every 20 seconds after being on for only 1 minute.  I tried the reset button several times in the past with no solution.  Blogs were saying that Slingbox was having software problems with their servers.  Seems like it is rectified.  Hope it stays!

DNChina

UPDATE:  Nope, I was so excited at actually seeing video from my SlingCatcher for over 1 minute that I didn't give it enough time.  After about 45 minutes, the video froze.  I hit reset again and it came back but only lasted for 3 minutes, hit reset again and its virtually contantly frozen again.  Slingbox, what is going on.  The reset button is not a fix at all!

tiffanyharper12

Mine is doing the same thing...did you ever figure it out? because I did the tap reset and it works for like 2 mins and then freezes again so that doesn't work!!!!!!

gallajo

In my case, the issue was the internet download speed on the receiving end. Once my internet speed updated, there was no problem.  If you hit 'Opt' and look at the speed shown on the bottom right, you may see a fluctuating speed (at the time, mine was ~200kps, which was insufficient for the streaming video).  Good luck!

andycowles75

I have been streaming a Slingbox Pro HD from Seattle to Amsterdam on a regular basis for 11 months now. I have had many problems with the picture and sound freezing. It would freeze for about 8-10 seconds, every 10 minuets (or every 10 seconds some days), then start streaming again. It would stream at about 1500 kbps and work fine, then crash down to 0 and freeze. I have tried to resolve this with Sling support, the Seattle end, and Amsterdam, but nothing has worked. Until now. I started using Firefox (only for the Slingbox) instead of Internet Explorer about a week ago, and have not had one freeze up since. It now runs consistently at about 2800 kbps. I don’t know why this worked, and frankly I don’t care. All I know is that my Slingbox has been working flawlessly streaming from Seattle to Amsterdam for a week now, with no issues. I hope this helps somebody, because I know how happy it made me when I realized it was fixed.