10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2011 5:24 AM by adrianphx RSS

Audio works but have lost video?

Everything seemed to be working fine until a couple weeks ago. Since then, I dont see the picture while audio is loud and clear and have no problem using the remote control. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.  Asif

• Re: Audio works but have lost video?
          eferz Expert

If your the Slingbox isn't displaying a picture, it is possible the set-top isn't providing a signal.  I would recommend testing the connectors from the cable box to see whether or not they're working.  It is possible that the set-top box has Selectable Output Control (SoC) enabled, which is a part of High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).  If your set-top box is also connected so another device using HDMI then its probable that it has disabled its own analog outputs.

There's more information and a possible workaround in the articles below.

* http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000188.html
              * http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000221.html

Thanks, but is it possible that it stopped providing a signal all of a sudden after working fine for a year? I am far away from home and nothing should have changed at the source..

eferz Expert

Sure, cable and satellite companies recently have gotten the okay from FCC to use Selectable Output Control.  Check this article (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2363556,00.asp).  It is possible they're now using it.

The best thing to do is to verify the signal from the Slingbox to see what's its getting from the set-top box.

Just read the article. So, now I have two questions. The article and this new aontrol deals with movies. But does that mean that cable operators (in my case dishnetwor) can turn off these secondary outputs all together? And second, what is the best way to find out what is being received by the sling box. Thanks for your kind assistance.

eferz Expert

7860 wrote:

Just read the article. So, now I have two questions. The article and this new aontrol deals with movies. But does that mean that cable operators (in my case dishnetwor) can turn off these secondary outputs all together?

Yes.

And second, what is the best way to find out what is being received by the sling box. Thanks for your kind assistance.

As I said in the original post, easiest way is to test the ouputs.  If you're satellite receiver is also connected to a video source like a television.  Try removing the HDMI cable from the back of the satellite receiver, turn off the receiver, turn it back on, and check if you get video.

Thanks very much. Will try to get someone to do it. Bets regards,

Apprentice

Hello 7860, we would like to know if the information that Eferz provided to you was helpful or if the issue persisted. Let us know about your results.

Thanks,
                      The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

cityofash

I am having the same issue. I have no video on the composite connections except when in setup assistant i have video there in the preview. It worked fine until today. I am able to get video through svideo connection.But SD out of that connection on watch and the player.  Any fix on this??

adrianphx

I had the same problem.

Funny enough everything works normal again. The problem prevailed for 2 days. I restarted my computer several times. Restarted the Slingbox. Nothing changed the problem. The video was there for a short time and then went away but the audio stayed. The Sat receiver was working normal when I plugged it directly into the TV.

So I just gave up, posted my problem here and waited. I didn't restart the laptop nor the slingbox afterwards. Now on day 3 everything works perfect again.