2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2010 6:30 AM by gtcoatie RSS

Power light blinking....what do I do?

gtcoatie

The power light on my solo is blinking and I have no network connection. I can find information on what to do if the network light is blinking, but nothing about the power light blinking.

Can someone tell me what to do? I cannot access my slingbox and have a son at VMI with this being his only access to TV.

Thanks

• Re: Power light blinking....what do I do?
          eferz Expert

As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  Make sure the AC adapter connected to your Slingbox has the same output sepecifications. Otherwuse, if you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any improvement.

• Re: Power light blinking....what do I do?
              gtcoatie

I had a power adapter that was the same as voltage, amps and polarity and I got it reconnected. NOW, the unit will play a few seconds and cuts off. From reading other forum posts, it sounds like bad capacitors. I am going to call Sling later today and see what I can find out about that problem.

I have one of the original slingbox and it has been GREAT…..wish this one worked as well.