6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2016 7:21 AM by edlee RSS

Chromecast 2 and Slingplayer casting works only for a few minutes then dies, everytime

Golfbal1 Newbie

Chromecast 1 did not have this issue.

Chromecast 2 has this issue after 5 minutes it scrambles the tv screen and then disconnects. It does it everytime. It is a well reported and documented issue and is all over the internet.

Slingbox has not addressed the issue by acknowledging it is an issue.  This causes people to run around chasing their tail and chasing ghosts.

Please try it for yourself, Cast to a Chromecast 2, wait 5 mins or so, then open an internal ticket, flag it as a Severity 1.

thanks

• Re: Chromecast 2 and Slingplayer casting works only for a few minutes then dies, everytime
          surfsnow

Same issue, when casting to Chromecast, Gen1 or Gen2, both have problem.
          I ran some test and found the following.

1. The disconnect issue happens on both iOS and Android version of the Player

2. If I mirror the tab from my laptop, no issue.

3. Port Forwarding to TCP 5201 already on to the Slingbox (please, Slingbox support, DO NOT tell me to forward port anymore)

4. It is not about WiFi signal issue as the router is less than 2 feet from the Chromecast

5. Also bought a LAN adapter from Google and connect to the Chromecast (so NOW the Chromecast is connected to the internet using WIRED connection), same issue, so again, Slingbox support, is is NOT about the how strong my WiFi signal is.

6. Drum roll, here is the most important finding... the drop out DOES NOT occur if the source is from Component! I can cast for HOURS if the source is Component on the Slingbox. Disconnection problem ONLY occurs when the source is HDMI.

7. Yep, Slingbox tech support, I already tried, before you asked, I lowered the "quality" to Audio only before I start "Casting" and disconnection still occurs...

So obviously, there is something wrong with BOTH of your iOS and Android app when casting to Chromecast when the source is HDMI ON THE SLINGBOX.

Hopefully they are reading this thread.

• Re: Chromecast 2 and Slingplayer casting works only for a few minutes then dies, everytime
            edlee

the cast option does not even show up anymore for me since upgrading to chromecast 2

i hope they update the android app