4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2011 1:33 PM by trindflo Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

SlingPlayer: Option to manually add slingbox to "local directory"?

huliganchik Newbie

yeah but i don't use it on my home LAN so it's not an issue for me.

If they could also make logging in optional that be awsome. I realize that it needs to login to retrieve the directory, but having an option to manually add slingbox to "local directory" would be nice and a much better workaround then previous version of slingplayer.

• Re: Sling Accounts: I can't log in to my Sling Account
          eferz Expert

huliganchik wrote:

yeah but i don't use it on my home LAN so it's not an issue for me.

If they could also make logging in optional that be awsome. I realize that it needs to login to retrieve the directory, but having an option to manually add slingbox to "local directory" would be nice and a much better workaround then previous version of slingplayer.

I totally agree with you there.  There's no good reason while the Sling Account is inaccessible to not allow the use of a local Slingbox Directory.

• Re: SlingPlayer: Option to manually add slingbox to "local directory"?
            trindflo

The requirement for a Slingbox account is causing me grief.

I am attempting to set up an account to test machines in another country in a different timezone.  When the connection is not working as expected, I receive an error message instructing me to try again, but the information is not going to be saved in the directory.  In previous versions of the Slingbox client we could manually add an entry locally, even if the entry was defective.  Now I must type the information in again for each test.

When I first upgraded, manual entries from the previous version were ported.  When I first logged into my Sling account, existing entries in my Sling account appear to have been modified and all of my local entries vanished.  So there is a way to have manual entries, it is currently being hidden from users.  Make this feature available to us again.