6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 8:47 AM by nicko623 RSS

Blinking lights

defmetal

Hope this is the right part of the forum but

I've got a slingbox pro-hd and I came home from work today and the middle light is flashing in sync with the power button flashing.

... that's it, I can't get it to do anything else.  I've unplugged it, tried holding reset button for 5 seconds while plugged in, everything I could think of.

I bought it earlier this year but I think its been more than 90 days.

• Re: Blinking lights
          eferz Expert

As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  Make sure the AC adapter connected to your Slingbox has the same output sepecifications. Otherwuse, if you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.

rapid6320

Have same problem with one of the 2 slingbox Pro Hd allready have.Replace the power adaptors without any change.Power led blinking.

eferz Expert

Have you tried to perform a factory reset of your Slingbox (http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-1000038),  This will wipe out the configuration to the factory preset and allow your Slingbox to obtain a brand new DHCP address from your router if possible.

rapid6320

Replace Supply and cannot reset unit.

Looks like hardware problem.

Power led blinking every 2 seconds like internall supply not work

eferz Expert

Yes, unfortunately, it sounds like the Slingbox itself is having a problem.

nicko623

I have the same issue on my Slingbox Pro-HD SB300-100.  Just stop working with Power Light and Slingbox middle light always blinking.  I rarely used Slingbox mostly just to watch Tiger Thursday day games.  Also three other co-workers who recommended Slingbox to me also had this issue with same model in the past year and only one of them still had it under warranty lucky him.  Either cheap capacitors or Slingbox upgrade that fried the device.  No support from Slingbox I was told “If pay the $29.99 for support the cost of an out of warranty replacement for the Slingbox Pro HD is $120.00. If you choose to just purchase the replacement and not perform any troubleshooting then the cost of the OOW replacement is $149.99”  Well I will just buy a new Slingbox 350 since the cost to repair my Slingbox Pro-HD is too much and I already have the apps for Ipad, Iphone, Android each costing $29.99. Let see if my new Slingbox 350 gets the same issue after the standard warranty ends. I will be buying the extended warranty since everyone I know who has a Slingbox it died on them.