1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 12, 2010 1:02 PM by eferz RSS

Can no longer control Dish VIP722

ACC405599

Wondering what i can do.

I have dish vip722, have Slingbox Pro hooked up to it. Was working great but I got a new LCD tv, a sharp Aquos, I began having issues with my Dish IR remote control. Called Dish and they said I would have to use the RF remote. Now I cant control the VIP722 remotely anymore.

Any ideas on what I can do? Or will I have to just switch back to the IR remote and live with the issues I had with it so i can control the box remotely.

Thanks,

John

• Re: Can no longer control Dish VIP722
          eferz Expert

ACC405599 wrote:

Wondering what i can do.

I have dish vip722, have Slingbox Pro hooked up to it. Was working great but I got a new LCD tv, a sharp Aquos, I began having issues with my Dish IR remote control. Called Dish and they said I would have to use the RF remote. Now I cant control the VIP722 remotely anymore.

Any ideas on what I can do? Or will I have to just switch back to the IR remote and live with the issues I had with it so i can control the box remotely.

Thanks,

John

Unfortunately, the problem is that the light emitted from the Aquos is interferring with InfraRed (IR) light.  That's why Dish recommend switching to Radio Frequency (RF) to circumvent the problem.  Since the Slingbox Pro-HD only has an IR Blaster it won't be able to control your Dish ViP 722 receiver while it is in RF mode.

Another work around is to rig a divider or funnel for the receiver's IR sensor, so that light from the Aquos isn't interferring with the IR signals, or you can try manually deceasing the brightness on the television until it stops affecting IR control.