4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2010 11:34 PM by bilaliz RSS

Slingbox cannot recognize my router

perrychiu

Slingbox cannot reconize my router TP Link TL-WR740N. Anybody help!!! Thx!

• Re: Slingbox cannot recognize my router
          perrychiu

Actually, login failed after I input the login name and password.

eferz Expert

That error message happens when the Setup Assistant is unable to connect to your router via Universal Plug & Play (uPnP).  This can be cause by a conflict is version implement on the router, or uPnP option is disabled.  You can try to resolve the problem by upgrading the firmware of the router, perhaps there's one that resolves uPnP issues, or to enable the option within your router's configuration.

Another way to by pass the problem is to use the "If your an advance user and would like to configure your router manually. Click Here" option at the beginning of the "Setup Internet Viewing" wizard.  The next screen will show a box which will ask for the manufacturer and model number of your router.  If you can find matching options then if will bring up a web page describing how to manually setup the Port Forwarding configuration.

Otherwise, if you can't make a match place a check in the box labeled, "My Router isn't listed" and press next.  This will bring you to a page which will summarize your Slingbox's information.  You can look for other instructions to setup Port Forwarding from this page (http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/SlingBox/SlingBoxindex.htm).  Once you've configured port forwading for both TCP and UDP ports to your Slingbox's private IP address then go back to the Setup Wizard and click next to test your settings.

bilaliz

did you find a solution, i am still struggeling