2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2016 11:38 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingplayer virtual remote no longer controls DVR+

t9rfbb

I have posted this same problem in another forum having to do with the SB500. We have a Sling SB500 purchased in November and a Channel Master DVR+ 7500 which we've had for about a year. Everything was working great until very recently. We had been able to remotely control the DVR+ using the Slingplayer app on a Samsung tablet.

However, though the DVR+ works as it always has, and we can use the Slingplayer on the tablet to watch whatever is on the DVR+ we can no longer use the virtual remote to control the DVR+. This has happened since the beginning of 2016.

When I checked the software version on the Sling SB500 I found that there had been an automatic upgrade. Installed on the SB500 I found the following: UI apps version: 01.08.23, Firmware version 1.10.95, Hardware version 1.3.1.

It appears to me that the automatic firmware update for the SB500 broke the virtual remote control feature of the Slingplayer app. Come on Sling, didn't anyone test first? How about a fast fix? Please.