0 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2016 10:23 AM by lostmyslingboxstolen RSS

my slingbox 500 got stolen, is there anway to TRACK where it is, or DISABLE the box?

lostmyslingboxstolen
    Visibility: Open to anyone

INTRO:

Hello all!  This is my first, and probably last, post on this forum.

MY SITUATION:

I installed my slingbox 500 at my friends house several months ago.  I would view it via the slingbox app for a couple months afterward.  I then stopped watching the stream for a few months (got busy, wasn't interested).  Anyways, so now I want to sell my slingbox 500 cuz I need the cash. 

THE RUB:

My friend tells me he cant find the slingbox.  When I log into my account and try to view it, it says it's not connected to the internet.

QUESTIONS:

1.) Is there anyway I could some how jack into whoever using it and watch what they are watching?

2.) Or, is there anyway I could somehow find out who is using my slingbox?

3.) Lastly, if the first two courses of action don't pan out, could I somehow make the box inert, so to speak, bricking it.

OTHER INFO:

I still have the original packaging for the unit, which includes the model number, SKU, SN, and Mac ID.  I even have the sales receipt, if that matters. 

The unit is not under warranty.

I haven't called slingbox to ask these questions because their website says it will cost me thirty bux.

THANKS!!!

ANY USEFUL PERTINENT INFORMATION IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

I needed that money damnit....anyone want to buy my slingbox 500....box?  haha.