2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2016 3:52 PM by FlyTy72 RSS

Bad power supply issue?

FlyTy72
    Visibility: Open to anyone

My slingbox pro-hd suddenly stopped working and the power light is lit, the network light is dim, and the slingbox logo light is off and it won't reset.  I had to replace the power supply a few months ago but only the network light was off then.  Is my current issue another bad power supply or something else?  Thanks for any help!

• Re: Bad power supply issue?
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello Tyrone!

You are correct; generally when you see the logo light solid, even after attempting a reset, the power supply is to "blame" so to speak. It is also possible that this is indicative of a separate hardware issue, but I would suggest trying a new power supply first as this would be the most cost effective and a good starting point in troubleshooting.

As you replaced the power supply before, I doubt you'll need direction to where to purchase the replacement, but I'll link it below just to make getting there a little bit quicker for you:

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best,

Samantha

Sling Media Technical Support

• Re: Bad power supply issue?
              FlyTy72

Hello, I replaced the power supply and reset the slingbox, but now all lights are lit and if I try to do the setup, the logo lights cycle for about 2 seconds and then the network and logo lights both go off without being able to complete setup. The error message says "Your slingbox has been disconnected because of a bad internet connection."   After a few minutes, the logo light and the network light comes back on and off for a while then they stay continuously lit along with the power light.  Is the slingbox just bad?