8 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2010 11:21 AM by jdstud6 RSS

Can't get all of my channels and guide won't load

johnantolic

I just purchased a Slingbox Pro HD for use while I am working overseas.  I recently had my family hook it up and I am having issues with it.  I have Comcast cable service with a _______ DVR (not sure of the model) box that I rent seperate for use only with my Slingbox.  I am on a Windows Vista laptop.  I had my family test the DVR box on a TV and everything works fine, but when accessed online or on SlingPlayer, the Comcast guide won't load (everything says To Be Announced) and also most of my channels will not come up, they just come up with a dialogue box (Please wait, this channel should be available shortly).  This is the first hookup of the Slingbox, so it was never working perfectly before.  The channels that I am able to view work fine, besides the channel and program information not loading.  There doesnt seem to be any pattern as to which channels work and which don't except that if it does not come through in SD, it does not come through in HD and the same for the channels I am able to view.

I apologize for the lack of information, I know it may be hard to diagnose without the DVR model, which I can get at a later time (whenever I can get somebody at home to get the info), but if anyone has any ideas I would sure appreciate the input.  Thank you

• Re: Can't get all of my channels and guide won't load
          eferz Expert

I don't think the Slingbox is causing the problem.  Sounds like there's a problem with the DVR.  You may want to hook it up directly to a television to verify these issues.

johnantolic

I had them test the DVR on a TV and everything works fine, but online is the issue, both at home, and for me remotely.

eferz Expert

Have you tried reconfiguring the Video Source, I know the EPG settings for the Slingplayer usually give you multiple options for every service.  Have you test the other one for your local provider?

johnantolic

Up and running now.

The problem was in the cable.  A Comcast tech came out and fixed the coax.  Apparently, he said it was all wrong, and was surprised our internet was even working at all.  Wasn't home for it, so I'm not sure of the specifics.  Thank you for taking the time to help me.  Much appreciated.

eferz Expert

You're welcome.  I'm glad the issue has been resolved.

jdstud6

Did you ever figure out what the issue was?  I am having the EXACT issue on mine.

I have comcast also.  I setup my slingbox HD Pro and it worked fine for about 9 days. The past day or two I've had problems loading the guide.  At first it would load, but wouldn't give me details.  Now it comes up completely blank and will not give me anything.  If I try to move ahead it tells me it can't change the date.  I'm not even trying to change the date, just move to the next slot over.  I have a friend that is a comcast tech so I am trying to see if he can come by some time.

I am in Europe right now for work and REALLY want this fixed so I can record some football games this weekend!

I have a feeling the cable from the wall just can't handle my DVR and modem together.  I have a splitter off the wall jack.  I have a feeling if I moved the modem back to where it was previously it would work fine.  However, it would be far from my slingbox then.  I don't see why sling doesnt have wifi.  That's completely ridiculous that it doesn't support wifi or HDMI, 2 things it requires that have been out for many years.

JD

johnantolic

We had a comcast tech come to the house and he said that the cable was all screwed up and he couldnt believe our internet was even working.  The issue was not with the slingbox, it was the coax wiring.  The only difference is, mine never worked properly until the wiring was fixed, and it has worked fine since.  Still, if you are having those problems, i would recommend having a tech look at it, because as far as i know, if you are able to view anything at all, the slinbox is doing its job.

jdstud6

Yea, as I said I think that particular cable outlet can't handle the splitter into my DVR and modem at the same time.  My friend is a comcast tech and I called him and he agrees that's probably what it is.  Unfortunately, I am in Europe for another month and can't fix it myself.  I will have someone go to my house and tell them what to do, or have my comcast friend go do it on Sunday, which is the next day he works.

I agree that the slingbox is working how it's supposed to.  However, if it had wifi then I wouldn't have had to move my router and this wouldn't be an issue either.

But for the rest of the world that reads this and has this issue, try moving your modem to another cable outlet and I'm fairly certain your DVR will populate again.

JD