3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2010 11:50 PM by eferz RSS

DVR for a SlingBox HD Pro

Roguewarrior

Hello,

I am interested in getting a SlingBox Pro HD to let me see TV shows on the road, mostly football games and the such, from my PC,which is running Windows 7 Pro.

I have two questions:

1) I cannot always be there when the game is going on, and I only have basic cable at home.  Is there a way to DVR the game when it is on so I do not miss it?

2) Either way, can I view the game on my MCE laptop or do I need to use the SlingBox client?

Thanks

• Re: DVR for a SlingBox HD Pro
          eferz Expert

1) I cannot always be there when the game is going on, and I only have basic cable at home.  Is there a way to DVR the game when it is on so I do not miss it?

You'll need to get a seperate DVR to record, the Slingbox can only placeshift.  There's a product from Monsoon Media called the Vulkano which is supposed to have the ability to timeshift and placeshift.

2) Either way, can I view the game on my MCE laptop or do I need to use the SlingBox client?

Yes, you'll need to use the Slingplayer (client) to watch the Slingbox (server).  The Slingplayer client is free for the PC, Mac, and Web plug-ins.  For the mobile devices it costs about $30.  Incidently, the client for the Vulkano is free for PC, Mac, and Mobile clients.