12 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 9:46 AM by dbsguy RSS

Sling Servers Down

Resist Newbie

Apparently the Sling servers have been dow for a few days now.  I tried using the Sling app on my iPhone and it keeps asking me for my password but it never works.  Then I tried connecting to my Slingbox from my computer....still won't connect.  Come on Sling!!!!!!  I have invested a lot of money into your products and now can't use them.

• Re: Sling Servers Down
          dbsguy Apprentice

It's an intermitent problem with the sling servers (or at least some of their servers).

I tried earlier as well as now and couldn't log in the first attempt. shut it down and reopened and it did indeed connect.

I remember something in the announcements from a few days ago refering to a couple of hours of downtime for server maintenance; obviously it's taking a tad longer to work out the kinks....

Resist Newbie

I still can't connect on my iPhone.  I am a bit ****** off after paying $30 for this app and not being able to use it!

Resist Newbie

Still unable to conntect to the Sling servers with my iPhone on 3G or my home Wifi.

dbsguy Apprentice

just FYI; I've logged in several times without issue since my last post to you. I'd check to see if it's something on your end at this point since you stated that you can not  even log in with a computer.

As I stated I've logged in about 20 times on and off since my previous post on both a lan computer, my iphone 4 as well as a remote computer from work----all without no problem what-so-ever.

hurl36

i've been trying to connect on my iphone, and i keep getting "invailid ip address, port, or domain name". does this have to do with the servers or something else. i've re-installed the app on my phone, and disconnected my modem, router, and slingbox and reconnected. and still nothing.

Resist Newbie

I finally was able to get it to work on my iPhone last night, but today it stopped working.  Doesn't work on my laptop now either.  Yet it is working on my desktop PC.

This is very annoying!

Apprentice

Hi, Resist.

The issue you are reporting seems to be related to the port forwarding configuration on your home router. Keep in mind that when you set up the Slingbox for Internet Viewing, you must enable both of the router protocols (TCP and UDP) for Internet Viewing.

We recommend you to run the Manual Configuration. Just check this link in order to get further information.

Manual Setup

Once you have finished this configuration, you will be able to get the remote connection when using the SlingPlayer Mobile application on your iPhone Mobile device.

Regards,
                        The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

popart711

Servers Down?