4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2010 7:20 PM by eferz RSS

Mac Update, slingbox now not working

cnoonan19

Everything was fine until the latest update.  Now I get a flashing light and cannot find the slingbox.

• Re: Mac Update, slingbox now not working
          eferz Expert

Sorry, you'll have to be more specific.  Where is this flashing light coming from is it the Power, network, or Logo LEDs?

cnoonan19

No Logo Lights.  The power button is flashing bright, the network light is flashing, but dimly not sure if it is from the power or the network light.

cnoonan19

I tried turning firewall off, I have dsl modem to an airport exreme wireless router.  I had a port conflict intially and had to manually change, it is now set to 5001 , not sure if that was original or the one I changed to....

eferz Expert

cnoonan19 wrote:

No Logo Lights.  The power button is flashing bright, the network light is flashing, but dimly not sure if it is from the power or the network light.

As I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  Make sure the AC adapter that you're currently using with the SLingbox matches those specifications.  It is possible that you're using the incorrect AC adapater.  Otherwise, if you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any improvement.