15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2010 3:00 PM by alanrichey42 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Alba set top box STB102- ir blaster code?

routledge

Hi

We have just got an Alba STB102 and I am trying to set up the remote controller. The STB102 is not listed on the Alba models and the codes for 'Other' don't work. I have carried out all checks and the system and cables etc. all seem to be working ok.

Can anyone help or have any ideas?

Brian

• Re: Alba set top box STB102- ir blaster code?
          alanrichey42 Master

Check out https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

If that doesn't help come back.

Al

routledge

Thanks for the tips but.....

everything, cables, ir booster tec. working OK, checked

Neither of the two websites you menioned have the ALBA STB102

The betaremotes site is not Mac enabled at present and we use a Mac!!!!

I tried using the codes from similar models from Alba with no success

I have, so far, manually used codes 1-100 in the alternative code box with no success

I will have to ring the support line tomorrow I think

and finally... we have two other boxes which I could switch, Red (from Tesco) and Technika( from Sainsburys) , neither of which are supported!!!!

Frustrated

Brian

alanrichey42 Master

I wouldn't bother talking to tech support, they won't help.  I can't find an Alba STB102 but I have found an Alba STB1x1 which might use the same codes.  I'll build you a Custom Remote tonight.

If you give me the full details of the other 2 boxes I could try those as well.

routledge

Hi

The STB1x1 is one of the supported boxes giving two codes which I tried.

The other boxes are as follows:-

Red (from Sainsbury's) no model number but underneath says 585145

Technika ECO 1STBA08 (from Texco). Apaprently there are some TiVO codes available but I couldn't find them. if they would work.

I suspect what you say about the technical support is very true but I have to try.

We live in The Netherlands and are returning next weekend so want to get it all set up asap.

Worst case scenario is to find a supported box and buy one!

Thanks for your help

Brian

alanrichey42 Master

Ok, I won't bother building one for the STB 1x1

But I found the Technika one so a Custom Remote is attached for that one.

Give it a try

routledge

Hi

Good news and bad news!

Thanks to your remote I have been able to set the slingbox up so that it is readable within our home network but I have to manually adjust the router to allow slingbox access to the internet as it won't do it automatically or semi-automatic.

when I ping the router (192.168.1.1) I get the message

“The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading”

I do not know how to get further.

Of course the router is one not listed in the help page!

We have a lot of things working off the network and I wonder if that is occupying the router at the moment.

thanks again

Brian

alanrichey42 Master

routledge wrote:

Thanks to your remote I have been able to set the slingbox up so that it is readable within our home network but I have to manually adjust the router to allow slingbox access to the internet as it won't do it automatically or semi-automatic.

Good.  But I'm afraid my expertise is in producing Custom Remotes.  The rest of your problems will have to be solved by someone else I'm afraid.

alanrichey42 Master

routledge wrote:

Brian

Can you confirm the Techika Custom Remote worked ?

alanrichey42 Master

I do wish people would confirm results when I provide them with remotes.  Guess this one will have to filed under 'unproven'

routledge

Hi Alan,

My apologies but I wrote on 8 August that I was able to set up the slingbox and I could not do that without the working remote. If that was not clear from my message, I'm sorry.

Our router then failed 24 hrs later (no connection with slingbox set up). I got the box to work after replacing the router both on our home network and also broadcast on the internet, tested it on various computers and it worked.

We returned to the The Netherlands on 15th August after a 7 hour drive so managed to to miss your message on 14th August.  We are still trying to catch up with e-mail.

Since then I have  accessed the slingbox and can log on to the box but I am not receiving a video signal from the box. I think there must be a loose cable connection from the box to the digibox. We go back in a few weeks for a weekend so will look then.

My apologies again that I did not make clear how successful your help was to us. It is not a question of not proven but highly successful.

Thanks for everything

Brian

PS Brian's wife  Sue here. I read the messages and was confused by my husband's reply on the 8th too. I think he meant (above) he could "NOT HAVE " done ... without the working remote. ie he meant that you had helped him greatly by giving him the files. He cannot see the difference in his words and my English grammar is not good enough to properly explain the difference.He's too much of a scientist , maybe I'm afraid I rather dominate the computer as I co manage a google support group for a rare genetic disorder that our 18 year old  disabled son has and so Brian usually accesses our mail from work and only gets to see a small window of messages. I think that is how he missed your message. I do appreciate how disappointing it is when you spend a lot of time helping someone and appear to not get a reply. Both Brian and I have spent many hours helping people over the internet and often  never get a reply. Sadly due to this lose connection we have not been able to access the sling box from here but hopefully we'll be able to solve that when we go back for a therapy appointment for our son at the end of September.We'll let you know how we get on. We don't think it's our network failing again....we hope not!

larderrj

I also have an Alba STB102 that is not listed.  Could a  code be written for this please?

Thanks

Richard

alanrichey42 Master

larderrj wrote:

I also have an Alba STB102 that is not listed.  Could a  code be written for this please?

If you read the posts you will see that I have already said I cannot produce a remote for the Alba STB102, the only one I can produce is for the Alba 1x1 and apparently that doesn't work on the 102.  (And I am the only one writes Custom Remotes so I doubt anyone else can help)

Sorry

Al

larderrj

Al,

I didn't see anywhere that you can not produce a code for the Alba STB102 although you do now say so.  As that is the case, is there anywhere a full list of set top boxes that are compatible with the IR blaster?  I do not want to buy another one only to find Slingbox can not control it.

Thanks

Richard

alanrichey42 Master

larderrj wrote:

Al,

I didn't see anywhere that you can not produce a code for the Alba STB102 although you do now say so.  As that is the case, is there anywhere a full list of set top boxes that are compatible with the IR blaster?  I do not want to buy another one only to find Slingbox can not control it.

Thanks

Richard

Post #3  '......I can't find an Alba STB102 .....'  

As far as I know there is no actual list but there is a wizard on the Slingmedia support site that allows you to check for specific boxes.

Have you checked out betaremotes.slingbox.com ?   That might help.

The reason I cannot do the 102 is that as I never have access to the original remote I have to install these devices on my Logitech Harmony Universal Remote.  Unfortunately, although they have 25,000+ devices on their database it doesn't include the Alba STB 102.

Sorry