12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 1:49 PM by bsheppard RSS

Login Delays

rpmiles Newbie

the last week or so logins to my slingboxes have been very slow or have failed altogether. Is this a known issue?

• Re: Login Delays
          karalic

Same  here , sometimes takes forever to log in.

rdehaven

I have also seen logins take forever. This is yet another reason I keep a 'pre-account' version of the Slingplayer on my system.

matteo009

My slingbox will not connect now through the internet. I can't find the fix. It is set up for internet viewing. I can see it from my local network fine. Anyone know the fix. Thanks for the help in this matter. I'm in Korea trying to watch my TV from VA. It has worked great for months. it stopped working less than a week ago.

Matt

jdroitman

ditto. Also for last two days will not connect at all...

Just as I was writing this - it finally connected for first time in two days.

jdroitman

Slingbox must have just issued software updates/fixes within last few  hours which finally fixed the problem (for me, at least). Try again now -  maybe it will work for you, too.

rpmiles Newbie

nope, still getting long delays

eferz Expert

There's a current problem with the Sling servers described in this offical thread (https://community.sling.com/message/14266#14266).  It describes the current service interruption to be a part of the problem of Sling Accounts.  While I'm sure it is relavant to your issue, you might consider watching that thread for further updates on the issue.  As the there are about seven servers that which the Sling Media ecosystem are dependant. 

1. analytics.sling.com
                              2. autoupdate.sling.com
                              3. ms.sling.com
                              4. secure.sling.com
                              5. services.sling.com
                              6. sparcs.slingmedia.com
                              7. relay.sling.com
                                  jdroitman

Thank you for the info - and it helped to know this.  I did have both problems yet again (after it all had seemed to be ok last night).  That is, I had connection errors again: Slingbox software could not find my slingbox.  Then, a long, long, long delay.  Eventually, it connected. This is how I got it to connect:  I reset password (to the same password I had previously). I used the browser to connect, instead of the Slingbox Player.  Then it worked - in both the browser and, after closing that, in the player.  This might be a solution similar to using an earlier version of the player as suggested here: https://community.sling.com/message/14266#14266. I just hesitate to try to install an earlier version when it actually works at the moment. It's been like this for days (connection problems; long connection delays) -- and it is becoming extremely aggravating. Thanks, again.

• Re: Login Delays - TO SLINGMEDIA
                          jdroitman

Issues are still not resolved.  Slingmedia people: This has been going on, as you are well aware, since the beginning of August - nearly 2 full weeks.  This is inexcusable!  Get your act together!  It still takes between 20 minutes (with multiple connection tries and options) and up to 2 hours and 45 minutes to connect.  You guys must be kidding that it is "getting better."  AND: the original discussion thread on the site's forum is locked.  I guess you don't want to hear the complaints.  Fix the problems and the complaints will stop. By now your reputation is pretty badly damaged. Don't you care!?!