3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2011 8:37 AM by bubblesTroubles RSS

Acer Revo and Slingplayer

slippyjim

Hiya,

Is the Acer Revo 3610 powerful enough to play the slingplayer? It is just SD not HD that I will be using.

Brief specs of the Revo

Operating System- Windows® 7 Home Premium

Processor- Intel Atom Processor N330 (1MB L2 cache, 1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB)

Chipset- NVIDIA ION

Memory- 2GB (1/1) DDR2 800 SDRAM

Has anyone actually tried the slingplayer on this model?

Thanks,

Steve

• Re: Acer Revo and Slingplayer
          jbraden

I'm responding to you from an Acer Revo  AR3610-U2002 which I just purchased for this exact purpose.  I have a Slingbox Pro HD at home and have connected this Acer Revo to an HDTV at  my vacation place.  The answer is, it works, but not well.  At least not yet.  When I first connect and start up Slingplayer, it is excellent.  It streams the HD content with good quality.  The remote control works well, and video and sound through the HDMI are great.  After watching a while, if i change channels, the playback gets very choppy, and it becomes unwatchable.  If I quit the Slingplayer application and reconnect, it works flawlessly again.  This HTPC model is highly rated on the web, and has a great graphics chip, but unless I can find a solution to this problem, I wouldn't recommend it out of the box as a Slingcatcher replacement.  If I do find a solution, I'll update this response.  If anybody else has some experience, please chime in.  Thanks

John

• Re: Acer Revo and Slingplayer
            bubblesTroubles

Just wanted to ask a new version of this question.

I'm thinking of getting a Sling HD, and currently have the newer version of the Revo (3700)

3610: Intel Atom 330(1.60GHz) 2GB DDR2

vs.

3700:Intel Atom D525(1.80GHz) 2GB DDR3

Has anyone used the 3700 for Sling HD? If so, does it still have the same issues as the 3610: choppiness after you change channels?

TIA!