16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2011 12:20 PM by jamieai Branched to a new discussion. RSS

I hear my TV, but there's no picture

Otisbrown

I can connect to my TV on my Mac with my Slingbox Pro, I can hear the audio from my TV and I can change channels ... but there's NO VIDEO

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my picture back? I just reset my entire system and checked all the cables, yet it's the same thing.

• Re: I hear my TV, but there's no picture
          eferz Expert

If your the Slingbox isn't displaying a picture, it is possible the set-top isn't providing a signal.  I would recommend testing the connectors from the cable box to see whether or not they're working.  It is possible that the set-top box has Selectable Output Control (SoC) enabled, which is a part of High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP).  If your set-top box is also connected so another device using HDMI then its probable that it has disabled its own analog outputs.

There's more information and a possible workaround in the articles below.

* http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000188.html
              * http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000221.html

themurph910

hey otisbrown, by any chance do you have a newer macbook pro? do you see the video window with no video in it or is the video window completely missing?  if the window is completely missing try going to the top menu bar and selecting view in full screen and see if the video pops up and then you can minimize it again...  the new mbp's that use the automatic graphics card switching are causing the video window to show up bottom left right outside the view of the screen... there is more info on this issue in other parts of the boards and it looks like its a software issue that needs to be updated by slingplayer.

cttc1016

well i have a new macbook pro , i just reset password on slingbox and set it up again after restoring to new , i can get audio on my mac but no video until i put it in full screen mode, this is only a problem on my mac as it works perfectly with my other PC's, even when i minimize it after full screen i dont get any video

thanks for any help or pointing me in the right direction

dogear

Just got the new 15' 2011 MBP and have the same issue audio but no picture. Seems the only work around is to choose full screen mode and then end full screen mode and the picture is barely visible in the lower left hand side of the screen. Thanks.......JR

townestv

has anyone got an update on this .....its extremely frustraiting and slingbox isnt taking any account for this .....im in europe trying to watch the nba playoffs someone please help !!!!!!

jamieai

I'm having the same problem since yesterday now where I can hear but don't see the video. I'm in Europe and can't easily get to the Slingbox, but nothing should have changed on the Slingbox side, and I haven't upgraded my computer since yesterday. Any hints what might be causing this? I tried pop-up window, full screen and embedded window, and can hear only sound in all options. I'm using Firefox.

dogear

I had read that Slingbox no longer supports the Slingplayer and that everyone should use the browser based player. You will need to download the plugin and make sure the browser launches in 32 bit mode. There are instructions on this site explaining how to do this. Cheers

cmwood25

I just tried both the standalone Slingplayer Application and the Browser Based Slingplayer - I have no video on either. I last watched about 2 weeks ago and now am just getting audio. Anyone had any luck getting this worked out?

jamieai

my problem ended up being the slingbox device. Luckily, I was able to get someone in front of the box so I can look at it via Skype, and I saw one of the red lights wasn't on like it should be, so I had someone unplug the device and plug it back in (remove the power cable from the box for a few seconds and plug it right back in), and this fixed my problem. I hope this helps!