This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Dusted off my Slingbox classic now that I have a need for it, but I can't get a Win7 machine to find my Slingbox (even on my home network).
- I reset my Slingbox and went through setup using a Vista machine. It is working fine (I did this using SlingPlayer SW)
- I used it in the past with no issues as well (always XP and Vista).
- I have a Belkin router (F5D7231-4 maybe?...I'm not in front of it now)
- I have tried slingbox.com and slingplayer SW on my Win7 machines (tried to 2 PCs on my home network)
- I have tried turning Win7 Firewall off
- My router is setup per Slingbox setup instructions (open port 5001, etc)....and it works on XP as I said
- On Win7 it never finds my Slingbox ("You have no Slingboxes detected on your home network...try again?)
Any suggestions for what to change / how to get Sling to work on Win7 machine?