9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 6:47 PM by briboychicago RSS

Zap2it Guide will not work!!!

regghen

I am writing to find out how to fix the Zap-2-IT TV guide applet embedded the Sling player software.  When I select my desired channel, I only get the listing for digital music available.  I would then select my desired channel again and the channel will not change but stays at the original channel.  This began to happen approximately one month ago and it only happened sporadically.  Now it’s all the time and on several different computer systems and it’s really getting annoying.  The version of the TV guide applet is v.0.8.20, the Sling player is ver 2.0.4.521.

One thing to note is that I have two separate Sling boxes, one locally and one abroad.  The applet seems to work with the local box, Slingbox AV (Ver 1.2.12).  My other Box,one I’m having issues with, is a Slingbox Tuner (ver 1.2.9).   The Tuner is attached to a COMCAST cable box.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Zap2it Guide will not work!!!
          eferz Expert

The Zap2It Electronic Program Guide is only available on Slingplayer Desktop 2.0 or Web Slingplayer conected to Slingboxes which are listed to be in either USA or Canada.  The following screens are the relevant to the functionality of the EPG.

EPG-deluxe.jpg

regghen

OK I tried re-doing the setup assistant but this time I selected regular cable vice digital and it seems to work for now.  I will monitor to see if this is a permanent fix.

thanks for your assistance.

R. Hendricks

regghen

UPDATE...After selecting "normal" vice digital I found that all the channels were not there.  I re-did the setup assistant and changed it back to Digital, which is correct, the guide will not work as before.

any ideas?

eferz Expert

There's a current problem with the Sling servers described in this offical thread (https://community.sling.com/message/14266#14266).  It describes the current service interruption to be a part of the problem of Sling Accounts.  While I'm not sure it is relavant to your issue, you might consider watching that thread for further updates on the issue.  As the there are about seven servers that which the Sling Media ecosystem are dependant. 

1. analytics.sling.com
                    2. autoupdate.sling.com
                    3. ms.sling.com
                    4. secure.sling.com
                    5. services.sling.com
                    6. sparcs.slingmedia.com
                    7. relay.sling.com
                  BrandonC Novice
                  The Tuner is attached to a COMCAST cable box.

How did you do that and run the setup for the Tuner, select cable box, etc?

briboychicago

I am having the same problem here with RCN cable in Chicago... It gives the same digital music channels .. only two of them.. it suddenly acted up weeks ago... It must be a problem on the sling box server end of things... Sorry .. I cant give any advice that helps, but wanted everyone to know I have the same strange problem so its not likely due to our computers.  Mark

eferz Expert

You might want to do what Reggie did and try reconfiguring your setup assistant to resolve your problems.  While its true that the information is distributed by Sling Media's servers, its also possible that the informational bits stored in your Slingbox have gone bad.  Rerunning through the Setup Assistant will upload a new configuration to it.

One of the indicators is seeing weird characters or missing values in the A/V input subsection of the Information tab for your Slingbox's video source.  The two values to look for are "Zip Code" and "Line up ID".  Those are the values which the Slingplayer sends to the distribution server to request the appropriate guide downloads.

briboychicago

I take back my previous post as I fixed mine by going into setup assistant... apparently RCN made changes to their cable and I picked a different cable setup from RCN and it fixed the problem... so it is the computer setup after all... So glad I can pick channels again... Mark