7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2010 4:47 PM by eferz RSS

chink

chink

does my laptop have to be in the same location as the sling box when setting up the first time

• Re: chink
          eferz Expert

yes.

chink

if i set the sling box up on one tv and cable box can i switch to another tv and box at a later time

eferz Expert

sure

chink

and i will not have to make any changes with the laptop correct? The laptop will be in a different state, and I plan on moving the slingbox to a different cable box in the same house.

eferz Expert

You will have to go through the Setup Assistant to reconfigure the Slingbox remotely.  As long as you're Slingbox is associated to your Sling Account, you shouldn't have any problems with remote reconfigurations of the Slingbox.

chink

Ok. Thank you very much.

eferz Expert

The only reason why the first time configurations need to be done locally is due to the router configurations.  The router needs to be configured to allow internet access to the Slingbox,  The Setup Assistant will assist you in configuring the router to allow remote accessibility.  This is the only reason why the first time configurations need to be done locally.