6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2010 4:24 PM by eferz RSS

Installing VerizonFIOS.spr - Mac

rabo

The VerizonFIOS.spr file shows up in the package contents (Contents/Resources/Remote/VerizonFIOS.spr) of SlingPlayer, but how do I select/install it. I do not see any way to change from the Generic Remote.  It's probably right there in front of me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jerry

• Re: Installing VerizonFIOS.spr - Mac
          alanrichey42 Master

If you tap in the Menu button at the top of the Generic Remote it will show all the 'skins' available.  Is the Verizon one there ?

eferz Expert

Association to the "VerizonFIOS.spr" skin also varies upon the selections made during the Setup Assistant.  Unfortunately, the wizard doesn't make it easy to figure it out.  There are many models under the Motorola manufacturer which associate different skin / IR profiles combinations.  Below are the easiest way to configure the input to see the skin.  It should download whatever files that are missing.  If it doesn't work for you then you'll need someone to create a remote device update bin file to associate the proper IR codes to that specific skin.

Device Type: Cablebox

Manufacturer: Motorola

Model: Other

Custom Code: C1120

or

Device Type: Standalone DVD (Digitial Video Recorder)

Manufacturer: Motorola

Model: Other

Custom Code: C1120

rabo

alanrichey42 - When the "Remote" (menu) button is selected, only the Generic Skin is available.

eferz - The IR works fine, and I can use the features of the "Generic" skin.  I would like to use the actual Verizon Remote Control skin if possible.  There are 122 different .spr files located in the Remote section of the "package contents", but they don't seem to be accessible.  I thought that these would show when the "Remote" button was selected, and that I would be able to select Verizon from a pull-down menu.

I do appreciate your replies, and definitely look forward to suggestions from other users.  Thanks!

rabo

Many thanks to alanrichey42 and eferz.  I found the solution posted in a 2008 message with information supplied by David Zatz of Sling Media.  For anyone else interested, here's the procedure -

Launch the SlingPlayer application, and choose "Slingbox directory" from the Window menu.

Select your Slingbox and click the edit button.
                Click the Slingbox Configuration tab, then select the "Change Audio/Video Setup" button.
                After the Slingbox Setup Wizard launches, click the Continue button.
                Choose the Location of your Slingbox and click Continue.
                Choose the type of connection (S-video, composite, etc.) between your device the Slingbox.
                Set the Audio/Video Master Settings and click Continue.
                Select from Source list, Device brand, and Device model, clicking the Continue button between each step.
                Click the Continue button through the Device Setup Complete, Setup Confirmation, and Setup Completed Successfully windows.
                Select your Slingbox from the Slingbox Directory window and click the Watch button. Be sure to test all of the buttons on the Slingbox Remote.

Part of my problem was that I selected Verizon, instead of Motorola.  But finding this step-by-step process sure helped!