3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2010 2:03 PM by eferz RSS

Screen Resolution

Fishonboy

Every time I open Slingbox, it is in 640 x 480 Resolution. I then have to minimize and change the desktop  properties to proper resolution 1200 x 800 and then go back. Not sure how to change this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Re: Screen Resolution
          eferz Expert

Hmm... I don't actually belive the Slingbox Solo can encode resolution above 640x480.  Are you sure the settings are actually taking?  You can verify that by [Alt]+[Shift]+[i] to see the encoding statistics.  The resizing of that video is actually being handled by the OS's graphics subsystem.

Fishonboy

I checked the  [Alt]+[Shift]+[i]. It was 640 x 480. The strange thing is: this hasn't been this way since I've had it (about 1 yr.) I had a friend try to change my video zoom. Somewhere I thought it said always open in 640 by 480. I could never get back there again. Thanks for your help...anymore ideas?

eferz Expert

Sorry, no.  The only Slingbox capable of a resolution higher than 640x480 is the Slingbox Pro-HD.  It is able to encode at a resolution as high 1920x544 (1080i), while the ones before it has a maximum resolution of 640x480.  The Slingbox actually has 11-16 fixed resolutions  available to it, resizing the picture outside of those resolutions is dependant on the graphics sub-system of the OS running Slingplayer.