4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2010 4:12 PM by tiborg RSS

Very slow channel changes with Pro HD internal tuner

griff1013

I had to get a new box since lightening zapped everything in the house.  Had one of the very old original models and was very happy.

VERY basic setup - just want to watch the analog cable channels on the iMac in the kitchen.  Nothing else.  Only thing is the cable plugged into the PRO HD.  Nothing else.  Just want to use the internal tuner. I am on the Cox cable system in the Hampton Roads area.

Problem is that the channles take 15-20 seconds to change.  It makes it un-usable.  The old one had a delay but it was like 3-4 seconds.  But the new one takes forever.  It seems like it is broken or something.  I have set the unit up 3 times from a factory reset condition and it is the same situation each time.  Also the Favorites channel boxes at the bottom do not work.

Any ideas in what is wrong?  Is anything wrong and this is just how the internal tuner works - incredibly slowly?

Any way to edit the list of channels is thinks it has?  Has a ton of them in the list that I could take out if that would make it work better.

• Re: Very slow channel changes with Pro HD internal tuner
          eferz Expert

griff1013 wrote:

Any ideas in what is wrong?

Probably the surge caused suttle circuitry problems.

Is this just how the internal tuner works - incredibly slowly?

Not on my Slingbox Pro-HD

Any way to edit the list of channels is thinks it has?

Nope.  You'll have to rerun the Setup Assistant to allow it to auto-search and tune the channels.

Has a ton of them in the list that I could take out if that would make it work better.

You can create a "Favorites" list to reduce the number of channels you see.

Bryanod Novice

The very old original models didn't send much data compared to the Pro hd.  I bet its just as fast but your 15 seconds behind in viewing.  If you can view the tv feed and note the image when you send the channel change.  Its almost instant.  The delay is the feed usually 3-5 seconds,  more than that you can see why in the info screen. Open the info screen and note the stream rate, render rate and precharge  When you stream faster then render the precharge goes up.  When you change the channel precharge should goto 0.   Take a look and let us know.  You might have to set the stream to a rez the old sling used if you want a faster remote.

larsduun

Same here I have a slingbox HD Pro - 20 sec to take any commands - product should never have been sold with these performance issues!

Was looking forward to the new box but can't recommand anybody buying this box if they want to use the internal tuner - simply don't waist your money on this product!  Buy a cheaper model if using video in - this is not at all usefull for TV viewing with the slow channel shift - also the cannels found is not visible meaning you basically need to swap across channels not being used - each taking 20 seconds on a Gbit Lan Network!

/Lars Gottlieb

tiborg Newbie

The favorites feature is broken when using the internal tuner on the mac desktop client. It does work when using the other input methods.