4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2010 2:44 PM by jsoares RSS

Trouble Communicating with Slingbox

jsoares

Hey,

I've had a slingbox solo for over a year, it's worked fine and I've taken it overseas to Germany which is where I currently am. The slingbox is set-up at my home in Ontario. This year around when I tried using it, it works fine for about a minute, then freezes and I get a message saying trouble communicating with slingbox, try again later. Then I goto learn more and it lists the error message saying the slingbox is in invalid state.

I was on the phone with sling support for an hour last night and it still isn't resolved. I added Launch Slingplayer to my firewall allowed programs list and still nothing. The suppot guy forwarded my IP to all Ports using DMZ yesterday to get it working better but still doesn't work. I tried forwarding port 5001 and still nothing, it always keeps freezing and giving me that message. Whether it's 3 minutes, 1 minute, 2 seconds it just always freezes and I want this to be fixed.

I am running Windows 7 on my remote laptop as well as one at home and Vista on another, they are all giving the same error message. Please help!!

• Re: Trouble Communicating with Slingbox
          eferz Expert

jsoares wrote:

I've had a slingbox solo for over a year, it's worked fine and I've taken it overseas to Germany which is where I currently am. The slingbox is set-up at my home in Ontario.

I'm slightly confused.  Do you have two different Slingboxes?  One with you in Germany and the other in Ontario?

This year around when I tried using it, it works fine for about a minute, then freezes and I get a message saying trouble communicating with slingbox, try again later. Then I goto learn more and it lists the error message saying the slingbox is in invalid state.

I was on the phone with sling support for an hour last night and it still isn't resolved. I added Launch Slingplayer to my firewall allowed programs list and still nothing.

The suppot guy forwarded my IP to all Ports using DMZ yesterday to get it working better but still doesn't work. I tried forwarding port 5001 and still nothing, it always keeps freezing and giving me that message. Whether it's 3 minutes, 1 minute, 2 seconds it just always freezes and I want this to be fixed.

I am running Windows 7 on my remote laptop as well as one at home and Vista on another, they are all giving the same error message. Please help!!

I recommend calling them back.  Since you're past the warranty period, I can assume you paid either for the per incident charge or the extended warranty.  Since the incident does not sound like it has been resolved, you should call them back and continue to work with them until it is resolved.  You paid (at least) thirty dollars to resolve your problem, you should get your full money's worth.