2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2010 10:17 AM by bshuen RSS

Lost network connection every time connect to slingbox

bshuen

I have a slingbox for years, but it starts losing network connection every time connect to slingbox. I reboot slingbox and I am able to ping the slingbox. Once I click on "Connect" on sling player and I will see "request time out" on the ping which means the network drops on slingbox. I reboot slingbox and network comes back, but it gets disconnected again when I connect it via sling player. I have tried this three times and same thing happened. Does someone know what happens to my slingbox? Please help. Thanks.

• Re: Lost network connection every time connect to slingbox
          eferz Expert

You might test a different network cable or ethernet port to see if you get any better responses.  However, as I understand it is not entirely uncommon for malfunctioning AC adapter to cause the symptoms that you've described.  On the bottom of the Slingbox, you should see the power requirements; voltage, amps, and polarity.  If you have a compatible power supply then you can test it with your Slingbox to see if there's any change.

• Re: Lost network connection every time connect to slingbox
              bshuen

Thanks for your tip eferz. I took your advise and checked the AC adapter and found that it was extremely hot. Sop I unplugged it and left it unplugged overnight and tried to plug it back it the next morning. Unfortunately the slingbox did not come back up again. There was no light on the box as all. I will need to find a AC adapter for it.